Is It Total Fraxel That Made My Eyelashes Fall Out?

Could Losing My Lower Eyelashes On Both Sides Be from the Center Outward Have Anything to Do with my Having a Total Fraxel? This happened right after the fraxel.

Loss of eyelashes after Fractional CO2 laser resurfacing

+1

Unless your laser surgeon accidentally burned the eyelashes, it is exceedingly rare to lose eyelashes after Fractional CO2 laser resurfacing with Fraxel Repair, Total Fx, or Mixto. This is something that I have never come across with several hundred cases of Fractional CO2 laser resurfacing performed.

Web reference: http://www.drwilliamting.com/What_s_New.html

Bay Area Dermatologic Surgeon

Fraxel Laser Will Not Make Eyelashes Fall Out, It Can Cut the Hairs if the Treating Physician is Not Attentive

+1

Hi Nat,

Your question is a bit confusing as there is Total FX which is a Lumenis laser treatment while Fraxel is a Solta laser.  There are three types of Fraxel lasers, repair, restore, and thulium 1927.  Your treating physician should be able to answer your questions.  Whatever laser treatment that you had, it seems to be related, at least temporally, to your eyelash loss.  I have never heard of anything like this with Fraxel.  If your eyelashes were burnt with a CO2 laser, they can be cut, but will usually grow back.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

If you are losing your eyebrows from the center out, have your thyroid checked.

+1

If you are losing your eyebrows from the center out, have your thyroid checked.  It is unlikely that the Fraxel laser treatment has caused your eyebrows to fall out.

Web reference: http://www.gatewaylasercenter.com/FraxelTreatment.html

Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon