Can I lose weight to get smaller breasts?

I'm 19yrs old. I'm 5'7" and 155 lbs. My bra size is a 36DD. I have very fragile bones and joints, and the weight of my breasts can be crippling. Even exercising hurts because they bounce around and cause me a lot of pain and discomfort. Is there a healthy way I can lose weight to bring my bra size down, even just to a D?

Mini Ultimate Breast Reduction(TM)

+1
At size 36 DD each 200 grams corresponds to 1 cup size change. If you lost 200 grams of breast you would go down to a D. However, young women frequently have breast tissue but very little fat and breast tissue does change when the weight changes. It is most likely you would benefit from a breast reduction and I recommend a new technique called The Mini Ultimate Breast ReductionTM. This technique avoids the ugly vertical scars that women find unacceptable while maintaining nipple sensation and the ability to breast feed. The weight of breast is transferred to the underlying muscle, which results in immediate relief of pain. This will leave you proportional to your body size and not require over reduction to eliminate your symptoms.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Web reference: http://www.fastcodesign.com/1663319/how-one-surgeon-is-reinventing-the-female-breast-sfw

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Can I lose weight to get smaller breasts

+1
Dear ScottishLass
Since you are very close to your ideal weight for your age and height, your breasts are more likely to be dense and heavy due to excess breast tissue and not due to excess of fat. Hence  weight loss will not reduce the size , but it is worth a try. I think a Surgical Breast Reduction is the solution that would address your concerns. 
Sydney Plastic Surgeon

Weight loss and changes in breast size.

+1
Hi ScottishLass7.  Some women's breasts get smaller with weight loss, while others do not.  I suggest you try to loose weight using a nutritionally-sound plan (there are a variety of such plans available), and see if your breast size drops. If it does not, I suggest you see a local plastic surgeon to discuss a breast reduction.  Good luck. 
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Kayser

+1

I understand your situation but there is help. Based on your description it sounds like your are not far from your ideal body weight as it is and that you were likely born with your current breast size. The breast is composed of breast tissue and fat and although this varies with each woman, most younger women tend to have more breast tissue than fat and, as such, see little change with minor weight changes so even if you lost 10 lbs, you probably wouldn't see a significant change.  A breast reduction sounds like it would be an excellent procedure for you. It's an outpatient procedure and most patients have a quick recovery. And most importantly, it can be a life changing procedure!  I hope this helps and Happy New Year! Dr. Kayser

Web reference: http://www.imagebydesignmd.com/gallery/breastreduction17_gallery.php

Detroit Plastic Surgeon

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.