If I lose weight can I get rid of my fat grafting?

I had fat grafting done three years ago when I was 19 to my cheeks. I am still unhappy with the results, as it looks pudgy as opposed to pretty. The fat was taken from below my left hip. I am slim, but if I work on losing fat, is it possible to lose this fat on the face? When placed on the face does it act as face fat, or does it still hold the difficulty of losing "love handles?"

We don't know the biophysiology of fat transfers so weight loss might or might not change the volume of a fat graft.

+1

Dermis fat grafts behave like the donor area.  Fat transfer by injection probably follows the same pattern but the embarrassing truth is that we don't know.  If the fat that was injected in your cheeks came from your flank, and that's the last place you lose fat when you diet, your face will probably not lose fullness.