Should I Try to Lose More Weight Before SmartLipo?

I am 22, 5'3 and weigh around 150-155. I have lost 10 lbs over the past few months through diet and my recently found love of biking. I have worked with several trainers and even worked at a gym for several months, and was still unable to lose the weight on my stomach. I get disheartened by it and sort of give up, and it is a vicious cycle. Should I continue my weight loss until I hit that plateau, and will I have better results from SmartLipo if I lose as much as I can before the procedure?

Weight Loss Before Liposuction?

+1

Thank you for the question and congratulations on your weight loss. It will be in your best interests to achieve a long-term stable weight prior to proceeding with liposuction surgery.

“Ideal” liposuction patient candidates present with isolated diet and exercise resistant adipose tissue collection,  with overlying skin that demonstrates adequate elasticity ( to “bounce back” after the adipose tissue has been removed).

In-person consultation with a well experienced board certified plastic surgeon may be helpful.

Weight loss and liposuction

+1

I always tell patients to get to their ideal weight first. Liposuction is not a solution for weight loss.

Liposuction is best done when you're in ideal health

+1
Kiposuction is not a replacement for exercise. You can gain more reduction in adipose tissue with continued diet and biking. Then when you can't reduce that particular bulge any moire, liposuction would be ideal while yoy continue to diet and exercise.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Try to Lose More Weight Before SmartLipo

+1

Yes it is always better to lose as much weight as possible before any type of liposuction. But if you can not that you still can have liposuction. Seek in person evaluations from boarded surgeons.