Should I Lose Weight Before Brazilian Butt Lift

I am very interested in getting Brazilian Butt Lift vs. traditional implants. I would like to lose 10-15 lbs. and carry most of my weight in my hips and lower abdomen. Should I lose this weight before I get this surgery done or wait so they can use it for transfer in the procedure?

Buttock augmentation

+1

I prefer my patients not to lose any weight.  I perform large volume fat transfer, because I have found that it works the best. 

You should be around your ideal weight before Brazilian Butt Lift

+1

You should be around your ideal weight before Brazilian Butt Lift for at least 6 months or more.  You will need a good amount of fat to extract for the procedure. 

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/body-surgery-chicago/brazilian-butt-lift/

Losing Weight before a Brazilian Butt Lift

+1

"I would like to lose 10-15 lbs. and carry most of my weight in my hips and lower abdomen. Should I lose this weight before I get this surgery done or wait so they can use it for transfer in the procedure?"

Great question and impossible to answer.

Ideally, the results of Plastic Surgery are best when done on women whose weight is stable and close to ideal. Weight shifts (higher or lower) after the surgery take away from the results of surgery.

When it comes to buttocks aesthetics, Plastic surgeons want to look and asses a stable result NOT a shifting target. If you are 15 pounds overweight, by all means lose them.  However, if these 15 pounds are also the only source of fat that your surgeons will have for transferring to the buttocks, you may want to consult with him BEFORE doing so. Most of us have sufficient fat deposits to allow liposuction and transfer elsewhere but some women are very thin and further weight loss could make liposuction all but impossible in some women.