Should I Lose Some Weight Before BBL?

I'm 5'2 and weigh between 150-155 lbs mostly in the tummy area. Should I try to lose some weight before I go in for my surgery? I dont mind the weight going to my butt but my face is getting chubby. What would be best for me?

Do not lose weight before brazilian butt lift

+1

I have performed hundreds of brazilian butt lifts and I do not recommend losing weight before your surgery; your weight will provide more fat available for fat transfers and therefore a better result.  Good luck!

Sarasota Plastic Surgeon

Weight Loss not Recommended before Brazilian Butt Lift

+1

Hi there-

Given the information you provide, I would not recommend losing weight before consulting with an experienced Brazilian Butt Lift surgeon.

Armando Soto, MD

Brazilian Butt Lift

+1

Weight loss before BBL or any fat transfer is not beneficial.  A starving cell is under more stress.  Discuss this with your surgeon and develop a plan for pre, post, and long term for your diet and weight goals.

Vivek Bansal, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon

Weight loss before brazilian butt lift- depends on the patient

+1

This is difficult to answer without seeing you in person because the distribution of your weight is the important factor-not just the number. You may actually be a good candidate at this weight because a certain amount of the fat (30%) will shrink after the surgery so you want to overcorrect (over inject) slightly to compensate for this fat shrinkage. Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon for a complete evaluation in person.

Dr.Bruno

William Bruno, MD

Weight Loss before Brazilian Butt Lift

+1

I would not lose weight.  I make this statement based on your weight and height equates to a BMI of 28.  Body contouring is best performed when the BMI is less than 30.   Specifically,  since you need fat for transfer so weight loss may limit the fat available for transfer. 

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Should you lose weight before or after the Brazilian Butt Lift?

+1

Although there is no way for me to be 100% sure without seeing you in person or at minimum in a photo, from your height and weight, you most likely do not need to gain any weight.  If anything it might be worth losing some weight before surgery.  If you intend to lose weight so that your face isn't "chubby" you should do this before having the BBL than after.  If you lose it after, your buttocks will likely shrink too.  

Daniel P. Markmann, MD