Why I Cannot Lose Weight After my 2nd Lipo Procedure?

I did my 2nd lipo procedure in 2010(on my tummy&thighs.Same places which i did on my 1st lipo in 2008) & since than I am stuck on my weight.I cannot lose weight to matter how well I eat or exercise.Even my body has changed, my bra size has increased to a bigger cup&my waist has expended. Please I need an urgent help on how to lose weight again as I am fed up and I miss the old me:( I miss my wardrobe as I haven't been able to wear any of my clothes Thank you Kate

+2

RE: "did my 2nd lipo procedure in 2010(on my tummy&thighs.Same places which i did on my 1st lipo in 2008) & since than I am stuck on my weight.I cannot lose weight to matter how well I eat or exercise.Even my body has changed, my bra size has increased to a bigger cup&my waist has expended. Please I need an urgent help on how to lose weight again as I am fed up and I miss the old me:( I miss my wardrobe as I haven't been able to wear any of my clothes"

Liposuction is NOT a weight loss operation but mainly a body contouring / "finishing" procedure. The fat removed is gone forever and does not influence your metabolism or the ability of the remaining fat to increase or decrease in volume based on your metabolism.

In my opinion, you may want to consult a good Endocrinologist to may sure you do not have a hormonal issue (such as a poorly functioning thyroid etc) which could explain your condition. If everything checks out I would go to a first class gym where they can study your caloric consumption at rest as well as at peak exercise and based on it fine tune both your exercise routine as well as your diet.

Good Luck.

Dr. Peter A Aldea

Why can't I loose weight after Liposuction

+1

If I had a dollar for every time I said this, "Liposuction is not a weight loss procedure....." 

Unfortunately, television and other media have given patients the wrong idea when it comes to liposuction procedures.  Liposuction is best used for spot reduction of hard to get rid of trouble areas such as the flanks, pubis, lower belly, inner arms and inner thighs.  It must be used judiciously and patients must be told ahead of time whether they are truly good candidates for this procedure. 

In your case, a well planned out diet and exercise regimen would be best to help you get your body back. Of course, this requires hard work and commitment.  Before you begin, have a doctor's check up to make sure there is not any other medical condition that is causing your weight problems.  Then, after loosing the weight the right way, you will likely be a better candidate for body contouring procedures such as body lift, tummy tuck, or thigh lift.  Good luck- Erez Sternberg, MD

Erez Sternberg, MD
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon