If I Lose Weight After my Brazilian Butt Lift Will It Affect Results?

If I lose weight after my Brazilian Butt Lift will my new butt go away?

Have a question? Ask a doctor

Brazilian Butt Lift and Weight Loss

A Brazilian Butt Lift procedure works by taking fat from the body (hips, waist, abdomen) and injecting it into the muscle of the buttock to reshape and enhance its appearance.  The fat that survives the process - usually about half of what is injected - begins to act like normal fatty tissue.  Thus, it will respond to weight loss and gain just like it did prior to the procedure.  So if you lose weight, it is possible that you may lose additional fullness from your new backside.

Best of luck

Vincent Marin, MD, FACS

La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Yes. You are going to lose fat proportionately around your body. Seek a plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of these procedures, has great reviews and photos, and is an expert in this field.

Ron Hazani, MD, FACS

Depends on how much weight

How your results are affected depend on your body. Where do you tend to store fat? For example, if you store fat in your thighs and hips, losing a lot of weight might adversely affect your results. Another question to ask is by how much does your weight go up and down? While minor changes in weight may not affect your results, larger fluctuations could.  

Weight loss after BBL

Weight loss results in loss of fat throughout your body.  You will lose fat from your buttock after weight loss, but it should be proportionate with your body.  Just think if you lost weight, and didn't have the surgery, your buttock would be that much smaller.

Dennis Dass, MD

Brazillian butt lift

Yes.  If you gain or lose weight, the grafted buttocks, will also increase or decrease in size depending on the weight gained.

Shahin Javaheri, MD

Lose Buttock with weight losss after Brazilian Butt lift

For the most part the maintenance of the fat graft augmentation depends on the characteristics of the donor site prior to transplant. If you gain and lose weight and your thighs get bigger and smaller responsively, transferred thigh fat to the buttock will behave in the same manner with future weight gain/loss.

Weight loss after Brazilian Butt Lift

If you lose significant weight after your procedure then you will lose some volume in your buttocks. Maintaining a stable weight is very important in body contouring surgery. Dr. ES

Brazilian Butt enhancement

The fat transfered to the buttocks during Brazilian Butt lift gets vasularized and will behave simmilar to any other fat.

The loss of the volume will depend on how much weight loss. Some percentage of that loos will be from the buttocks