If I Lose Weight After my Brazilian Butt Lift Will It Affect Results?

If I lose weight after my Brazilian Butt Lift will my new butt go away?

Promoted Local Answer Promoted local answers are based on Featured Doctor activity within your current location.

Weight loss after he Brazilian butt lift

+1

The Brazilian butt lift is a safe and effective technique that can improve the contour of your bottom and create a beautiful result. It is a combination of procedures that consists of aggressive liposuction of the abdomen hips and waist and lower back, separation and processing of the fat that has been collected, and strategic grafting to the gluteal area.

The beauty of the Brazilian butt lift is that the final result is 100% you. This fat will act like normal fat tissue. If you gain a significant amount of weight, these fat cells will enlarge accordingly. Likewise, if you lose a lot of weight, these fat cells may shrink. Be sure that you relay your concerns to your doctor and work with a board-certified plastic surgeon was a great deal of experience in resilient but lift surgery, fat grafting and liposuction, as their experience is invaluable in obtaining the result you are looking for.

Brazilian Butt Lift and Weight Loss

+2

A Brazilian Butt Lift procedure works by taking fat from the body (hips, waist, abdomen) and injecting it into the muscle of the buttock to reshape and enhance its appearance.  The fat that survives the process - usually about half of what is injected - begins to act like normal fatty tissue.  Thus, it will respond to weight loss and gain just like it did prior to the procedure.  So if you lose weight, it is possible that you may lose additional fullness from your new backside.

Best of luck

Vincent Marin, MD, FACS

La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Weight loss after BBL

+1

Weight loss results in loss of fat throughout your body.  You will lose fat from your buttock after weight loss, but it should be proportionate with your body.  Just think if you lost weight, and didn't have the surgery, your buttock would be that much smaller.

Brazillian butt lift

+1

Yes.  If you gain or lose weight, the grafted buttocks, will also increase or decrease in size depending on the weight gained.

Lose Buttock with weight losss after Brazilian Butt lift

+1

For the most part the maintenance of the fat graft augmentation depends on the characteristics of the donor site prior to transplant. If you gain and lose weight and your thighs get bigger and smaller responsively, transferred thigh fat to the buttock will behave in the same manner with future weight gain/loss.

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/body-surgery-chicago/brazilian-butt-lift/

Weight loss after Brazilian Butt Lift

+1
If you lose significant weight after your procedure then you will lose some volume in your buttocks. Maintaining a stable weight is very important in body contouring surgery. Dr. ES

Brazilian Butt enhancement

+1

The fat transfered to the buttocks during Brazilian Butt lift gets vasularized and will behave simmilar to any other fat.

The loss of the volume will depend on how much weight loss. Some percentage of that loos will be from the buttocks