Is It Ok to Lose Weight After Having a BBL?

Im scheduled for a BBL with lipo of my inner thighs, upper backroll, and flanks. I selected January to have the procedure performed as my family would be here to assist. I'm 6'0 ft tall and weigh 200 pounds. I lost 43 pounds over the course of a year and have maintained for 9 months. My ideal weight is to be 175 pounds and I'm not sure if I should postpone my procedure and lose more weight. My Dr said I'm a good candidate now but I want to make sure. It would be great to get another opinion.

Lose Weight before Brazilian Buttlift

+1

In general it is better to lose weight prior to Brazilian buttlift if you will still have ample fat stores.  If you stay within 10 or 20 lbs of your operative weight, you are likely to maintain the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Brazilian buttlift Los Angeles, CA

Lose weight after Brazilian Butt lift

+1

It is certainly okay to lose weight after brazilian butt lift.  Remember that surgical results change with fluctuations in weight.  So, as you lose weight, your buttock is likely to lose volume, albeit proportional to your body.

Dennis Dass, MD

Weight loss before Brazilian Butt Lift

+1

It is always better to reach your goal weight prior to any surgery such as a BBL, if you are currently losing weight. This will allow the surgeon to better see where to remove fat and where to add fat.

Matthew Schulman, MD