Lost Front Teeth - Can Gap Be Restored After Implants

I only have these teeth on top #11 #13 #15 also #2 I had a diastema between #9 #8 can it be restored with dental implant surgery I would like it back again.. on the bottom I have all but #19 #29 #30 thank you...

Dental implant restorations can mimic real life

+2

Often diastema is desired to be closed, but sometimes we are asked to keep the gap.  Depending on how the implants are placed, a gap COULD be created.  It would not be possible if a bridge were placed in the 7 and 10 positions, or 6 and 11 spots with a single bridge to span.  If two bridges were placed, with implants perhaps in the 3 and 8 and 9 and 10.  Bridges from 3-8 and 9-10 would allow the space to be created.

This all depends on bone levels and budget.

Web reference: http://www.bestSeattleDentist.com

Seattle Cosmetic Dentist

Lost Front Teeth

+1

Implants are perfect for this. However, I am typically sending my patients to a Periodontist for front teeth.  The gum tissue around implants can be tricky to work with and a periodontist specializes in this area.  If gum tissue is lost then over time a black triangle is formed at the base of the crown between teeth.  This is not too much of a problem and a crown can be made to fill in the space.  It is nicer, however, to have a tooth the mimics the adjacent tooth in shape and size. 

Jacksonville Cosmetic Dentist

Diastema with implants

+1

A diastema could be created, but most of the time when doing a large implant case, fewer implants are used than teeth, so you will have some bridges. That said, the implants would have to be designed so that 8 and 9 are not connected. It will be almost impossible to bring the diastema back permanently, but if you want to close it now is the time. I have had patients with large diastemas and we closed them with veneers. When other people saw them for the first time after the proceedure, they thought they got haircuts or lost weight. It is a big thing to change the teeth, but it often goes undetected by the lay public.

Bellevue Cosmetic Dentist

Yes of course..

+1

Gaps can be factored into any treatment,including invisalign,braces,,crowns and implants. Just communicate that to the dentist doing the work and maybe bring a photo of yourself with the gap to the appointment..

Los Angeles Cosmetic Dentist