How Can I Lose the Fat on Pubic Area?

I had a really BAD liposuction in July 2009. I had the lipo on my both underarms, chin and lower stomach. Since that I am trying to lose my weight, but my stomach looks REALLY weird shape now. After the surgery, my pubic area has more FAT and higher than my lower stomach! Do you have any idea for fix ?

Suction the Mons Pubis

+1

I always include suctioning of the mons pubis area whenever I suction the abdomen or perform an abdominoplasty.  Anytime you thin the rest of the abdomen, it makes the mons stick out more.  Suctioning is safe in this area.  I would caution about resecting this tissue because of the possibility of injury to the lymphatics. We resect some in weight loss patients, but you must be careful.

Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Lose the Fat on Pubic Area?

+1

Either liposuction for direct excision ( lipectomy)  may be necessary depending on the quality of the skin.

I would suggest consulting with  well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.

Pubic area became larger after liposuction

+1

The compensatory increase in the size of the pubic area can occasionally occur with weight gain folloiwing liposuction of the abdomen. This is also observed in the midriff or supracostal regions of the abdominal wall. Liposuction can be utilized to improve this.

Mons pubis issues

+1

If your pubic area seems to be full as in fatty excess, liposuction can certainly be performed over this area. I recently did this for a patient along with a skin excision( she had a previous tummy tuck) because she complanied that she looked like a "Ken Doll."

Lipo for Irregular Areas

+1

With issues like these you can lipo the pubic area or any other areas of irregularities, these areas are not uncommon to do. 

Robert N. Young, MD, FACS
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Suprapubic fat

+1

If you haven't seen your surgeon to ask what can be done to improve your result you should. Liposuction of the suprapubic fat pad can be done and this may help provide you with a better result.

Ronald Shelton, MD

"Weird Appearing" Mons Pubis after Tummy Liposuction

+1

Regarding: "I had a really BAD liposuction in July 2009. I had the lipo on my both underarms, chin and lower stomach. Since that I am trying to lose my weight, but my stomach looks REALLY weird shape now. After the surgery, my pubic area has more FAT and higher than my lower stomach! Do you have any idea for fix ?"

Without a photograph it is hard to advise you if your Mons pubis is more prominent because it always was and was never liposuctioned when you had your tummy liposuction OR if it appears overly prominent due to being pulled up by scarring associated with your liposuction.

in the vast majority of women, several factors conspire to make the Mons pubis overly elongated and full making it hard to wear certain fashions.

You should consult with several Plastic surgeons and see if the solution is liposuction of the Mons pubis with or without another procedure on the lower tummy to correct its "weird shape".

Good Luck.

Dr. Peter Aldea