I Want to Lose Fat on my Abdomen, Thighs and Buttocks Without Surgery. Which is Best?

i want to lose fat on my stomach, thighs and buttocks without surgery. Which procedure is best? Healthy eating and swimming are not getting rid of the fat it seems. I am 33 - any advice here would be much appreciated. Thank you

No easy answers to losing weight

+1

Diet and exercize is #1. The next invasive procedure is lipo followed by surgery. Unfortunately no easy answers. If there was any validity to marketing hype then we would all take the easy way. Sorry 

Non surgical weight loss options.

+1

Short Answer: Diet & Exercise

Long Answer: see above. The only effective method for long term weight loss is diet modification and addition of an exercise program. That being said, there are several easy steps you can start with. 

1. Drink more water: most Americans are dehydrated. We simply do not get enough fluid intake. Many people mistake thirst for hunger. Instead of reaching for a snack next time you feel hungry, drink 8 ounces of water (not soda, not coffee, not juice). If you are still feeling hungry after 30 minutes, then eat a sensible snack. 

2. Smaller, more frequent meals: MORE MEALS!?!? actually yes. When your body is getting food, it changes its metabolic state from that of "Starvation Mode" to a more active metabolic state. If your body is not getting food on a regular basis (4 sensible meals/day) it can slow down its metabolism markedly conserving calories instead of burning them, as it is unsure when it will get its net meal.  

3. Take the stairs: Formal exercise programs are hard to start "cold turkey". Taking the stairs up one flight and down two instead of an elevator or escalator seems silly, but will make a difference. Take a 30 minute walk every day after dinner. It's good for you, and you'll get to know your neighbors. 

4. Rapid weight loss is usually temporary. Sustainable weight loss is no more than 1-2 pounds per week! Faster than that and you are setting yourself up for a yo-yo rebound effect. Slow and steady wins this race. 

Once you have achieved a weight you are happy with, you may find you have a "trouble zone" of fatty deposition or "saggy skin" of your belly, thighs, breasts, or arms that could benefit from surgical rejuvenation. Call your plastic surgeon for evaluation then!

Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

Fat reduction non-surgically

+1

The best way is always diet and exercise, but liposuction can be a great way to get rid of stubborn regions but this requires surgery.  Newer technology like zerona and zeltiq may offer solutions.

Non-surgical Fat Reduction

+1

Without the ideal way to lose fat is through diet. Once on the right diet, exercise aids the process. The only other method of non-surgical loss is one of two new machines approved by the FDA. They can cause a significant loss of fat and help kick-start further weight loss by encouraging continued dietary modification. The machine I use is the Zerona®, a low level, painless Laser with no down time.

Highlands Plastic Surgeon

Overweight liposuction

+1

The best way to lose weight is a combination of exercise and improvements in dietary habits.  This means, essentially, less fat and carbohydrates in the diet, and regular cardiovascular exercising.  In my opinion, running is the best way, but I am biased since I am a runner.  3-4 miles per day, with one day rest, is a good way to maintain and lose weight.  Running is not for everyone; however.  Daily walking, one hour a day, is another way to lose weight.  I recommend consulting a dietitian to start and perhaps a physical trainer.  Good luck.  If you are successfull, you will change your life for the better.

Non surgical weight loss

+1

Liposcution is NOT advised. Even if you did proceed, it would likely not remove more than 20 lbs even if aggressive liposuction was performed. You need to consider consultation with a medical weight loss speicalist and possibly bariatric surgery.

Losing weight without surgery, try diet, exercise, medical checkup and Zeltiq Coolsculpting

+1

Some people's hormones are out of balance. If the thyroid is not producing enough hormone than the metabolic rate is slower than it should be and weight increases with the same calories consumed because less energy is expended than before the thyroid slowed down. If medically you are fine, then exercise needs to increase and diet watched more carefully.  After all of those are followed, then one may consider Zeltiq Coolsculpting as this procedure does not involve surgery. It does involve damaging the fat cells by cooling them. Weight may not be reduced much since fat is not a dense tissue, but there can be 20% reduction in volume in the first several months after one treatment. Of course, there is no guarantee that you will get that result and diet and exercise is still extremely important.

You are eating too much and not exercising enough.

+1

It does not matter very much what you eat provided your calories match your metabolic needs.  On average we gain a pound a year.  That represents about one excess teaspoon of sugar a day-a couple of lifesavers. The key to loosing weight is to adjust your diet to have fewer calories or increase your work out so you burn more calories or both.  Of course it is easy to stop at the bakery after the work out and wipe out any gains you made in the gym.  Because our diets are so delicately balanced and our ability to deceive ourselves regarding what we are actually putting in the mouth, professional assistance from a dietician can be very helpful.

Web reference: http://www.lidlift.com

+1

Extreme dieting and exercise are the best ways. I do not know of any non surgery to help. Best of luck from MIAMI Dr. darryl J. Blinski

Diet and exercise for weight loss, liposuction for shaping

+1

Diet and exercise are still the only ways to reliably lose weight, but what you can't do is "spot reduce." The fat will diminish where your body wants it to, and there are often some areas that don't seem to change with weight loss. That is where liposuction comes in, but that is of course surgery. Since you are in the UK, Liposonix technology may be available. This is a nonsurgical approach to localized fat reduction.