Do You Lose CC's Behind the Muscle with Saline Implants?

I tried on sizers and immediately fell in love & decided to go with saline's 475cc(r) & 500cc(left) but I've read that you lose volume & cc's going under the muscle, which is what I plan on going. Is this true? If so, how much cc's would you suggest I go up? It would make me really sad if I were too small, rather than being too big. I appreciate any feedback you give me, thanks. I am 125lbs, 5'0ft, 34B, 13bwd, saline, under's, crease, HP. Kimberly

"trying on implants" is misleading

+2

Placing an implant on top of your breast is not a good (or accurate) way to determine what size implant to choose. The best way to get the results you want is to find a surgeon that you trust, and communicate your goals and preferences such as size and profile of implant, under or over the muscle, saline versus silicone, preferred incision location, and the reason behind your choices. Please keep in mind that your choices may not give you the result you want at all, and that is where the surgeon's experience and knowledge comes into play. There is a lot of judgement involved in choosing the right implants, right incision (best one for you may not be best one for someone else), and position of implants. It doesn't make sense for you as the patient to decide on the technical aspects of the surgery, but it's definitely worth discussing and making clear what you want. For example your choices above would not be what I would choose, so it would be good to go over the pros and cons of each option and together make an informed choice. Also, I would recommend consulting with a board certified plastic surgeon for this type of procedure (more specifically, this means certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery). Good luck!

Breast implant sizing

+1

The use of sizers in your bra  preoperatively does not accurately correlate with the size of breasts achieved with sub muscular implants. I think that it is very important that you communicate clearly with your surgeon to maximize the chances of achieving your desired breast size.

In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C cup” means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.

Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

I use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.

I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible.