I need to lose 70 lbs by November in order to have my surgery as planned. Should I use diets like HCG to drop the pounds?

+1
Diets don't work! They are short term methods and usually not sustainable. The problem is that our food chain has changed and we now need to eat more calories to get the nutrients our body needs to function. This is due to HFCS (High Fructose Corn Syrup) and the GMOs (Genetically Modified Organisms) that strip the nutrients from the food and create inflammation in our bodies.

I earned my nutrition and wellness consultant degree five years ago (after 15 years of plastic surgery practice) as I knew there was a void in education for my patients and it has served my patients tremendously.

One of my surgical nurses wanted a tummy tuck and I started giving her the most nutrient dense, natural, complete single-source supplement ever discovered and it is easy to take and costs less than most processed synthetic vitamin supplements ($3/day). She has lost an even 50 pounds in 5 months. The wonderful aspect is this is sustainable for life. We are just feeding the body the required nutrients and the body does the rest.

The product is Zija from the Moringa Oleifera tree. If you would like more information, please contact me. I am a firm believer as it fed my body the nutrients it needed so my body could heal itself of the career-threatening psoriatic arthritis that effected my hands during surgery. 

Fort Wayne Plastic Surgeon

70 lbs by November

+1
The key to losing the weight you need to for contouring or tummy tuck is not in diets or HCG. The secret is regular exercise and a balanced though calorie restricted diet. The calorie restriction is the hard part, not emphasized nearly enough on current TV programs. Two pounds a week might get you to your goal.

Massive weight loss before surgery

+1
I would highly suggest postponing your surgery. Many diets can be completely safe and effective for losing weight. But I would consider losing 70 lbs to be massive weight loss. And patients that lose that much weight should remain at a stable weight for at least 6 months before undergoing body contouring surgery. Lose your weight in a safe and appropriate manner, maintain your goal weight for at least 6 months, make sure that your protein and hemoglobin levels are normal, and then consider your tummy tuck procedure.

William T. Stoeckel, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon