I Am Looking to Lose over 50 Pounds, Which Type of Liposuction Gives Better Results?

Is High Tech Liposuction Better Than Plain Old Small Canula Lipo?.

+4

The type of liposuction is not the important issue.  The issue is does your surgeon have years of experience and proper training in the area of you interest.  I assume you are first going to lose the 50 lbs.  I have done over 1000 cases of large volume liposuction.  The most I ever took was 26 lbs at on time and 46 lbs over 3 settings.  I do not recommend these very large volume anymore.  We stage  procedures and limit the max to about 15 lbs.   Do not be fooled by fancy high tech names associated with liposuction.  Much of it is marketing.   I use the Vaser but 86 % of lipo in the world is simple lipo with simple small canulas and perfect technique.  Forget about the high tech and marketting  stuff and hunt for the best ABPS Certified surgeon in your area.  Seek 3 opinions aiways.  Ask to see many photos.  Ask to speak to the doctors patients.  Good Luck!   Dr Commons

Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon

The best liposuction to have to lose 50 pounds is the liposuction that is done to reduce some of the last 10 pounds after you 40

+1

Liposuction is not a replacement for diet or exercise.  The ideal candidate for liposuction is a physically fit, healthy diet-consuming individual who has a bulge that doesn't go away in a focal area or areas.  Fat is less dense than muscle so to lose 50 pounds by fat removal would mean an incredible mass of fat would be needed to be removed. This could lead to fluid shifts in your body that could lead to acute problems and serious consequences.  See a nutritionist and trainer. Get started on a program and followup with them so you stay focused and proud when you make the goals of weight loss that you present to them.

Web reference: http://www.thenyac.com/liposuction/index.html

Liposuction and weight loss

+1

Liposuction is not a treatment for weight loss. You should lose the weight with diet and exercise first.

Liposuction is not indicated for weight loss

+1

Liposuction is best for removing target fat in stubborn areas to improve your shape. It is NOT meant as a means of weight loss.  Even large volume liposuction may not lead to significant weight loss as the fat removed is light in weight.  However, inches are lost and more smooth contours are created. 

The best candidates  are of an appropriate weight and in good health who wish to improve their shape and proportions.  If patients gain weight after liposuction, it will be apparent both in areas that were treated and elsewhere.  There is really no easy  and permanent means to losing weight other than behavioral  modification including good nutrition and regular exercise. Liposuction can then serve as the icing on the cake for a great shape.

Dr.  Pedy Ganchi

Village Plastic Surgery / Ridgewood, NJ

Web reference: http://www.drpedyganchi.com

Ridgewood Plastic Surgeon

Looking to Lose over 50 Pounds, Which Type of Liposuction Gives Better Results?

+1

Regarding:"I Am Looking to Lose over 50 Pounds, Which Type of Liposuction Gives Better Results?"

You seem to be thinking that liposuction is an invasive weight loss method and that different modes of liposuction are just different weight loss techniques. That is patently wrong. Liposuction is a body contouring method and the most weight it can remove in one outpatient session is around 10 pounds.

Time to watch what you eat and hit the gym.

Dr. Peter Aldea

Losing weight with liposuction: Losing proposition

+1

Losing 50 pounds using liposuction is not adviseable nor is it a good choice.  This surgery carries major risks and would be done in a hosptal in multiple stages. It is far better to lose the weight through dietary intake.

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/

Liposuction and weight loss

+1

Liposuction is absolutely the wrong operation for weight loss.  Even patients undergoing large volume liposuction rarely lose a substantial amount of weight.  Liposuction is meant to alter your contour, not weight loss.  If you are seeking an operation for weight loss you should see a bariatric surgeon.

Web reference: http://www.sacs-sa.com

San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

You can't lose weight by liposuction!!!

+1

There are so many posts about this already, I am surprised that it hasn't been made clear that LIPOSUCTION IS NOT FOR WEIGHT LOSS but only for contouring after losing the weight and treating stubborn areas that didn't respond to proper diet and exercise.

Liposuction

+1

Liposuction is not the way to lose weight weight.  It will help in volume loss and contouring or sculpting a body.  It would be very dangerous (possible life threatening) to use Liposuction for weight loss purposes.  Please a board certified plastic surgery in your area for a proper advice.