If I Lose 10-15 Lbs After my BA, Will That Greatly Affect the Proportion of my Breasts to my Body?

I am a B cup , 145 lbs, 5'8 and a half

Weight loss after breast augmentation

+1
At your height and size, 10-15lbs may not be a significant weight loss for you. However, it can affect your breasts by making them too large for your thinner frame. It may also cause your breasts to sag. Having said this, though, it would be hard to predict how your weight loss would affect your results. You may find that you just look better!

Weight loss and breast augmentation

+1

Losing 10-15 pounds after your breast augmentation is unlikely to significantly alter your appearance.  Good luck.

Sacha Obaid, MD

+1

Weight loss in an already thin woman can affect breast volume, but this has more to do with an individual's breast makeup and what percentage of the breast is fat.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Change in breast size after weight loss

+1

It is unlikely that you would notice much of a change in your breast size with a modest weight loss.  

Weight Loss and the Effect on Breast Augmentation Results

+1

Whether weight loss will effect results of a breast augmentation really depends on the patient.  If someone can lose 10-15lbs and their breasts never change, then the results of the augmentation should be stable.  However, if someone notices an appreciable difference in their breasts with any weight loss or gain, than that wil happen after the surgery as well.  I hope this helps.

Christopher V. Pelletiere, MD
Barrington Plastic Surgeon

Modest weight loss after breast augmentation will probably has very little effect on the final outcome.

+1

Some women gain and lose weight in their breasts while others do not. You probably know your individual case. Nevertheless, it's unlikely the 10 or 15 pounds will significantly affect the volume in the breasts.

Weight loss, proportion, and cup size

+1

This is such a good question because it is one that almost everyone would like to be able to answer with certainty, yet it is nearly impossible to do that.  The problem is that each individual girl is different, with different body proportions, different absolute breast volume, and different relative volume of gland tissue to fat in her breasts.  Thus, a 10 pound weight loss on you may look totally different in the bustline than the same weight loss on another girl, even if you had the same height, weight, and cup size to begin with.  If a girl's breasts are more fatty than glandular, weight changes will have more of a direct effect on cup size than if the opposite were true.  Have you ever known those girls who say "when I lose weight, the first thing to go is my breasts," or those who say " I try and try to lose weight in my breasts, but even when I lose weight elsewhere, my breasts stay the same."  The one thing I can say with relative intellectual comfort is that with a 10 to 15 pound weight loss in your body size range, you will most likely notice some decrease in volume of your breasts.

Joseph L. Grzeskiewicz, MD

Breast Surgery and Anticipated Weight Loss?

+1

Thank you for the question but I think that you ( knowing your body and your previous history)  will be a better judge ( than online consultants can ever be)  of whether your breasts will change significantly with the anticipated weight loss.  If in doubt, obviously best to postpone breast surgery until you have reached your long-term stable weight.

+1

Hard to speculate on this for one individual patient. If you remember your breast size 10-15 pounds ago, that will be a better predictor than a surgeon can make. For most patients, that amount of weight loss will not have much impact on breast size.

All the best. 

Weight Loss and Breast Size

+1

Dear Xtabelchang,  It is difficult to say if the amount of weight loss you are considering will have much of an impact on your breast size.  When some women lose weight, they lose nothing from their breasts and yet other women can drop just a few pounds and see a big change in their breast size.  Usually past history is a good indicator on how your breast will behave with weight loss.  Certainly this a good subject to discuss with your plastic surgeon before proceeding to surgery. 

Herluf G. Lund, Jr, MD
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon