Want Bump Shaved Down and Refined Nasal Tip/no Santa Round Nose?

I have a long nose that looks like a bird nose at a 45 degree angle. The nostrils match the sides exactly. The only part that stands out is the front...it's round. My concern is that I get it fixed and I look like Michael jackson. I want ti model and think my nose is a very ugly asset. I want a pretty nose..

Rhinoplasty

+1

Concentrate on finding the right surgeon. There is a great difference between rhinoplasty surgeons regarding their level of experience and expertise with rhinoplasty. Look at photos of their work carefully to see who you think is the best surgeon overall. Going on a few consults will really help clarify what needs to be done and who is the right surgeon for you. Good luck!

Nasal Refinement Without Michael Jackson Nose

+1

Daily, when I see patients  who consult with me about a rhinoplasty they frequently tell me they don't want to look like Michael Jackson. The goal should be a natural result that is proportional to the surrounding fascial features. Consult with an experienced rhinoplasty specialist. 

Rhinoplasty Goals

+1

When having rhinoplasty, the number one goal is to bring the overall shape of the nose into harmony with the rest of the facial features.  If you have fine features, you would like a refined nose. At the same time, just because a nose looks good on another person, it does not mean it will look good on you. And vice versa.   A great nose is one that does not draw attention; because it simply fits the face.  Take photos of noses you like to help in conveying to the surgeon what aspects you like and what aspects you would like to see improved in your own nose, and in what way. Generate a discussion until you know that you have been understood.  Look at your surgeon's work and see if you like what they consider attractive results and if their ideas match your expectations. Dr. B

Ramin Behmand, MD

Rhinoplasty Goals

+1

Thank you for your post. These goals are common in many rhinoplasty candidates, and are achievable in most. Reducing a bump on the bridge, refining the tip, and providing some gentle rotation can significantly improve the appearance of the nose. Generally speaking, however, pore size cannot be changed surgically. This requires skin care regimens and sometimes resurfacing (in extreme cases only). Please visit with a few surgeons before deciding on the best fit for you!

Evan Ransom, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

rhinoplasty for bump removal and reducing the length

+1

The common goals for a rhinoplasty are dorsal hump removal, reducing the overall length and projection of the nose, reducing the bulbous tip and narrowing the bridge. Unfortunately, skin pores cannot be changed with a rhinoplasty. Virtual rhinoplasty software is available on our website for you to try to see what your nose might look like with a rhinoplasty procedure. Please see the link below for virtual imaging and our rhinoplasty photo gallery.

I don't like my nose

+1

Dear Sirenamirena,

1. These concerns are extremely common for our rhinoplasty clients - they want to look great without looking done
  2. I would suggest looking at some before and after pictures to find a surgeon who has the results you are looking for
  3. A rhinoplasty is a complex operation and you should be choosy on who is allowed to do it
  4. When you are ready, please visit a rhinoplasty specialist who can examine you, address all of your concerns, and morph a nose for you to see what can be possible

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani

Nima Shemirani, MD