Do Tiny 3 Mm Stab Incisions on the Cheek That Are Concaved Fill Back Up on There Own with Time?

Will tiny 3-4mm stab incisions on my cheek fill back up naturally with time, they are 3 weeks old and are not raised but concaved and slightly red, I have been covering them with sunscreen.

3 weeks is very early in the healing process

+1

You are still very early in the healing process.  If the problem persists, they will likely be able to be revised.  Try to be patient- this is the hardest part of the whole surgical process.

Santa Barbara Plastic Surgeon

Small stab incisions on the cheek that are concaved

+1

It's more helpful if there is a photo but at 3 weeks you are still very early in the healing process. I am not sure what the stab incisions are for. If they are just opening for fat grafting then they shouldn't be concave unless you still have significant swelling around it. If the opening was used as part of the threadlift or silhouette lift then the concavity may be due to the anchored thread. Talk with your surgeon about your concern. Minor contour irregularities do improve with time, especially so early in the recovery process. Take a photo now and repeat in 3 weeks to see if the scar concavity has improved.

Stewart Wang, MD, FACS

Stab incisions on face

+1

I am assuming that these small stab incisions are from fat injection. Usually these heal without a noticeable scar.  Best to follow closely with your surgeon.

Stab incisions in fat grafting

+1

I usually make as few incisions for fat grafting as possible, and I place them in natural creases or fold.  I have never seen contour abnormality from these.  I cannot even see the scars.  These should fade with time. 

+1

Without photos, it is difficult to respond to this question. However, I will tell you that concave scars do not "fill in" on their own, without further intervention. If these scars are from recent surgery, it is possible that you have swelling around the scars that may make them look concave or depressed, and as the swelling resolves, they may improve.  However, generally speaking, concave scars need additional treatment to "fill in".

Amy T. Bandy, DO, FACS
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Healing of small stab incisions

+1

I suspect you are referring to the small incisions which are used for fat grafting or other fillers. These scars heal very well and should eventually be un-noticeable. You are doing the right thing by protecting them from the sun.

Ronald Schuster, MD