Scar Darkened by Sun?

I have a small flat scar below my knee, like a little cut about 6mm long, I didn't protect it from the sun and now it is darker than the rest of my skin, almost purple. Is there anyway to lighten it? It's about 6 months old.

Scar

+1

The scar needs to be evaluated by a plastic surgeon. A raised and purple scar sounds like a hypertrophic scar

Treatment of dark and purplish scar on the knee and leg

+1

I would use a combination of laser scar removal plus Melarase PM for the dark discoloration and scarring.

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Dark Scar Removal

+1

Hi.  Yes, we would use either q-switched lasers or high strength hydroquinone.  A key issue is whether there has been a textural change to the skin. 

We are also in Los Angeles and we offer a free consultation.  Try the link below for more pictures of scar revision.  

Harold J. Kaplan, MD