Removing Dental Implant for Braces?

I had two dental implants put in and am considering having them removed to reduce my overjet with braces, they are premolars. Is it a straight forward procedure to have them removed like having a tooth extracted. They are not failing and are about a year old.

Thinking of removing dental implants for braces?

+1

You can always remove the iimplants but would advise against you should be able to reduce over jet without extractions consider ARS or air roter slenderizing to reduce over jet and leave implants, you can lose alot of bone from the surgical removal of healthy implants good luck

Kevin Coughlin DMD, MBA, MAGD    CEO Baystate Dental PC

Springfield Cosmetic Dentist

Removing dental implants for braces

+1

I would never remove a dental implant for braces.  Too many bad things could happen.

Philadelphia Cosmetic Dentist

Ortho alternatives with braces

+1

Implants do work as amazing anchors for help with braces. As an orthodontist, I am able to significantly improve what I am able to do with their help. Go see a good orthodontist and discuss your options. Removing the implants should not be one of them, hopefully

Vijay Bhagia, Space Center Orthodontics, Houston, TX

Houston Orthodontist

Removing implants is a big deal

+1

They are NOT like regular teeth and can often lead to bony defects after removal.  It is likely best to leave them alone, unless the dentist/orthodontist feels that the case cannot succeed where they are.

Web reference: http://www.DrTimmerman.com

Seattle Cosmetic Dentist

Removing Dental Implants for Braces

+1

No, it is NOT as simple as removing a tooth. Much more involved. Perhaps you should explore other options, since the implants are so new.

New York Cosmetic Dentist