40 Years Old, Asian: Treatment for Smile Wrinkle (Photo)

Hi, I'm 40 years old Asian. I have wrinkles under eyes when I smile. I tried botox under eyes with 5 different doctors but no luck. I'd like to try different treatment... maybe filler? Looks like all skin is crunched up when i smile so it creates these wrinkles. I don't have wrinkles when I'm not smiling. Any suggestions are appreciated. Thank you.

Dermal Fillers for Asian Eyes

+1
Hi Peacock.  Your situation is pretty normal.  Smiling cannot only cause the wrinkles on the sides of the eyes but also underneath as well.  Botox is not normally used under the eyes, so not exactly sure how the 5 physicians were using it to correct the issue.  

We would use Dysport (Botox) on the sides of the eyes and Restylane underneath.  Adding volume with Restylane is a great way to improve and camouflage these lines, but may not make them disappear completely like most patients would like.

Because we are in Torrance, we very commonly treat Asian skin.  For examples of other Los Angeles patients that have had this procedure, check the link below.

Smile lines

+1
Based on your photos, a filler would not be the best treatment for your concerns.  You do not appear to have lost volume around your eyes and a neurotoxin like Botox would still be the best option.  Not sure what your experience was with Botox, or who administered it, but a consultation with an experienced plastic surgeon should provide the best advice. There are other neurotoxins besides Botox, and the skill of the injector also affects the final results...good luck.

Leonard T. Yu, MD
Maui Plastic Surgeon