Will the redness and crepiness go away? (photo)

3 months ago I had surgery under my eyes to remove festoons. Now my skin is always red (purple outside) and crepe when I smile. I have horrid wrinkles that I never had. Will the redness go away on its own?

The redness should resolve with time.

+1

However, it looks like you have a little ectropion especially on the left. Also, you look a little hollow. Did they take out fat? Removing fat can create a deficiency of volume with increased wrinkling. Let it heal more and then you will have to re-evaluate possible need for filler to the lower lid, and ectropion repair to tighten up the lid.

Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon

While this is early, this may persist.

+1

Funny things can happen to the lower eyelids especially with procedures like laser resurfacing, and certain eyelid procedures. Generally it is ideal to wait a full 6 to 12 months to seek a revision of this. Ultimately there is no substitute for a personal consultation.