Will the redness and crepiness go away? (photo)

3 months ago I had surgery under my eyes to remove festoons. Now my skin is always red (purple outside) and crepe when I smile. I have horrid wrinkles that I never had. Will the redness go away on its own?

The redness should resolve with time.

However, it looks like you have a little ectropion especially on the left. Also, you look a little hollow. Did they take out fat? Removing fat can create a deficiency of volume with increased wrinkling. Let it heal more and then you will have to re-evaluate possible need for filler to the lower lid, and ectropion repair to tighten up the lid.

Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon

While this is early, this may persist.

Funny things can happen to the lower eyelids especially with procedures like laser resurfacing, and certain eyelid procedures. Generally it is ideal to wait a full 6 to 12 months to seek a revision of this. Ultimately there is no substitute for a personal consultation.