Does The Picosure Work On Some Skin Tones Better Than Others?

I have olive skin and was wondering if that will make a difference in how effective the Picosure laser is. I know that for laser hair removal, the more pale the skin and darker the hair, the better results you'll have. I was wondering if the same theory applied to tattoo removal?

Picosure tattoo removal is not the best for very dark skin types

+2

For very dark skin, a 1064 Q switched laser is still the best treatment for very dark skin.  For the medium-light dark tones, it may be feasible but the risk of temporary hypo- or hyperpigmentation exists.  Seeing an experienced dermatologic surgeon who has more than one wavelength of laser for tattoo removal is important for best results.

Baltimore Dermatologist