Will The Picosure Laser Work For Me If I've Already Started Treatments With The Q-Switched Laser?

I have a large tattoo on my back that I've wanted gone for years. I've had four tattoo removal treatments with the Q-Switched laser, and haven't been impressed with my progress. I just heard about the Picosure laser and was wondering if it works on skin that has already been treated with older lasers?

PicoSure After Q-Switched Laser

+1

Yes. We found that previously treated tattoos did quite well with the PicoSure laser. It is worth switching in most cases if you have access to the laser.

PicoSure After Q-Switched Laser

+1

Studies have shown that it can clear tattoos in half as many treatments as Q-switched lasers can.  Of course, guarantees can not be made, as Dr. Weiss points out, but so far our patients have been very pleased.

Sabrina Fabi, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Picosure can help with tattoos already treated with Q-switched lasers

+1

Tattoos can take many treatments to clear; generally the picosure has been working faster, and it has been successfully used on skin already treated with older lasers.  Unfortunately, there can be no guarantees of results.

Margaret Weiss, MD
Baltimore Dermatologist