What Are my Biggest Concerns Facing Septorhinoplasty? (photo)

I am confident about my decision to shave down my bump and slightly lift the tip. After consulting with a few surgeons, I discovered my septum is slightly deviated on the right side (this will be fixed as well). I don't want "another person's nose" on my face, I just want to make a few improvements. However, I am a little worried about the excess cartilage on my right side. It's not extremely noticeable now, but I'm scared it will stand out more after the surgery. Thought I would ask, thank you!

Biggest Concern about Septorhinoplasty

+2

Your biggest concern should be selecting an experienced surgeon who consistently provides natural results. You need a minimal rhinoplasty so it is proportional with the surrounding facial features.

Excess Cartilage on the Right Side

+2

I can appreciate the area of concern on your right side.  The hump reduction and tip elevation involve fairly straightforward maneuvers.   All of your concerns can be addressed as well as the septal issue with a closed approach to rhinoplasty.  I am sure you have already found several rhinoplasty surgeons who perform hundreds each year.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Rhinoplasty and concerns

+2

I think that you have to point out your concerns to your surgeon.   You should be able to achieve most if not all the things that you asked about.

Should consider computer imaging when considering projected result from a rhinoplasty

+2

You should address your concerns with your plastic surgeon.  He should be able to explain to you what can and can not be accomplished.  Computer imaging is a very helpful educational tool and is invaluable to getting the result that you desire.  

Rhinoplasty concerns- nasal bump and asymmetries

+2

Make sure to point out this irregularity on your nose to your surgeon before surgery, and make sure it is addressed.  There are many factors that enter into asymmetries of the nose, including the underlying facial structure (particularly the cheeks).

While noses skillfully done are usually vastly improved, often they aren't perfect.

Usually, it is wise to respect the underlying anatomy of the nose and doesn't try to put a completely different nose on a patient.

That way people come out with an improved version of themselves, not a completely different person.

Brent Moelleken, MD

Subtle septo-rhinoplasty

+1

Minimal refinement  is all that is required on this nose, to shave down the bump and lift the tip slightly and make the nose more symmetrical. Make sure the depressor septi ligament is also addressed if the  tip  droops upon smiling. The septum only needs to be repaired if it's blocking air flow through the nose, otherwise  you should leave it alone.  There is no need to repair the septum  if it is only  slightly crooked and you are asymptomatic

Rhinoplasty and hump removal

+1

The excess cartilage on the right appears to be part of your lower lateral cartilage.  This and the rest of your rhinoplasty can me managed through internal incisions. Make sure your surgeon is board-certified in Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery.   They are best able to take care of the cosmetic as well as the deviated septum portions. 

• Best wishes

David Alessi, MD

Septorhinoplasty concerns

+1

SO I wish this were a simple question but its a bit more than just one thing.  The truth is that your nose unlike other places on your body is very sensitive to even the smallest change hence why I am sure you are concerned.  In rhinoplasty the biggest mistake made is in poor diagnosis.  I other words the doctor made the wrong decisions as to what is the problem or worse missed something in his analysis.  Even if your doctor is a good surgeon and executes well he must know what to change and what to leave alone in order to get that "natural" result that so many patients are looking for.  In short you must find a surgeon who you trust.  Training and experience matter and results are very important.  Dont be fooled by fancy awards and TV appearances....that doesnt make them good it just tells you they have great PR.  Sit down and look at their work...lots of it and you will see a pattern of either good or so so results.  Finally, looking at your nose I would tell you to be conservative, you actually have a pretty balanced nose.  Good luck.  Hope this helped. 

Rady Rahban, MD

Rhinoplasty-how to avoid risks.

+1

The number one problem I see after35 years of doing rhinoplasty revisions is overdone, unnatural noses. To avoid this choose an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon who does NATURAL noses that do not look done.