Lip lift changed base of nose and nostrils, creating wider appearance and crooked nostrils. Can this be corrected? (Photos)

I am 6 months post op on an upper lip lift. I love the lip lift but do not like how it has changed my nose at the bottom. Specifically, my nose appears wider along the incision line with it looking wider, and one nostril is visibly much higher than the other. My nose is also now veering to the left, which it did not previously do. I was happy with my nostrils prior to surgery, so this is a little disappointing even though I am happy with my lip lift result to my lips...just not my nostrils.

Costs?

Nose changing after Lip Lift

+2
Your case is interesting. It is uncommon for me to see the nasal sill displaced after lip lift surgery so I am wondering what type of technique was used and how much tissue was resected. I think the lip looks good and it is feasible that with time the wound will mature and the scar soften, allowing the nose to return closer to it's initial position/shape.
I advise discussing this with your surgeon. Perhaps a Kenalog injection to the sub nasal area would soften things up a bit. If the issue persists in another three to six months and still bothers you then surgery would be your only option. The goal would then be to counter rotate the nasal tip to make the nostrils less visible and doing this might require that other maneuvers be done as well to maintain a well balanced, aesthetically pleasing nose.

Lip lift

+2

I agree that you have a nice result after a subnasal lip lift. The scar is still pink so it is still maturing. I would wait at least a full year before assessing the final result. Be patient.

Andrew Pichler, MD
Sacramento Facial Plastic Surgeon

Alar Base Reduction?

+2
Yes, an alarplasty or alar base reduction with a Modified Weirs technique can narrow the nasal flaring and wide alar bases. The cost with local anesthesia is ~ $1750.
Consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

Best wishes

George C. Peck, Jr, MD
West Orange Plastic Surgeon

NOSTRIL DISTORTION WITH LIP LIFT.

+2
It appears that the lip lift has pulled your nostrils downward exposing more nostril show was there before. It also created some asymmetry. I would need to see this and examine this in person to give you the best options for correction.