I Am a 29 Year Old Woman. Would I Be a Good Candidate for Transconjunctival Blepharoplasty or What Can Help My Bags? (photo)

I am a 29 year old Hispanic woman with allergies. I have lower eyelid bags that concern me. I feel they are very prominent, but wonder if I'm too young to get the surgery. I want to know what my best options are. I have never done botox or fillers, but am open to suggestions. I have gone to 3 different blepharoplasty consultations and I have gotten different responses. I'm a little confused and need to know my best option.

Transconjunctival Fat Removal

+2

You have classic lower eyelid fat herniation. While it usually occurs with aging, it can also appear naturally at a young age in some people.; (such as you) The best treatment would be a transconjunctival lower blepharoplasty where the fat is removed from an incision inside the eyelid with no external incisions or skin removal.

Puffy lower lids

+1

The 3 fatty deposits in the lower lids are herniated outward, creating the puffiness.  This problem is best addressed with a  lower blepharoplasty performed thru a transconjunctival approach   (all of the incisions are inside the eyelid). No skin removal will be needed at your age.   This would be the best solution, but make sure your allergies are well controlled with nasal sprays , antihistamines, etc

I Am a 29 Year Old Woman. Would I Be a Good Candidate for Transconjunctival Blepharoplasty or What Can Help My Bags?

+1

It appears that you have some lower eyelid fat bags in the central fat compartment.  This can be reduced with a Transconjunctival Lower Eyelid Surgery (Blepharoplasty).  Hope this helps.

Transconjunctival Blepharoplasty Works for Lower Eyelid Bags

+1
The type of lower lid blepharoplasty is often determined by whether lower eyelid skin removal if required. Typically in your age range, a transconjunctival blepharoplasty approach is used because you haven't aged enough to have excess skin. When excess skin is involved, a standard blepharoplasty approach with and external incision is often used. It appears from your photos that you would be a candidate for a transconjunctival approach in which the incision is hidden on the inside with no visible scar or need for suture removal. Sometimes, one can get varied opinions from different plastic surgeons due to variations in their level of expertise with a particular procedure. If you have not found someone that you are comfortable with, I suggest you keep looking until you do.

Anita Mandal, MD
Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon