Which Filler is Safer, Restalyne or Juviderm?

Restylane and Juvederm comparison

+2

Dear Odessito4ka,

• They are both safe
  • I prefer Restylane under the eyes and Juvederm in the lips
  • Almost any other area of the face, you can use either product

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani

Safety of Restylane and Juvederm

+2

Both Juvederm and Restylane are FDA-approved hyaluronic acid fillers.  Both are very safe when injected by a trained professional using the correct technique.  Different fillers are appropriate for different areas which means the two fillers are not completely interchangeable due to their different properties.  Finally, I would recommend having the fillers injected using a microcannula technique for a bruiseless and safe treatment.  

Kian Karimi, MD, FACS

+2

Restylane and Juvederm are hyaluronic acid fillers that are FDA approved, they are both equally safe. 

Safety Lies With The Injector, Not The Product

+2

Since both Juvederm and Restylane are hyaluronic acid fillers, they have very similar safety profiles. The main difference between the two is that Juvederm does a bit better job of attracting water to it (meaning that you may get a little bit more "fill" a day or two after the injection). This is an advantage if you are doing the injection in an area where you wouldn't mind a bit for volume (like the lips), and a disadvantage in an area where you want an exact amount of volume and no more (like the tear troughs). As far as safety goes, there is no practical difference between the two. As with most things in our field, the safety lies with the injector, not the product being injected. Good luck.

Michael R. Menachof, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

+2

Both Resylane and Juvederm are equally safe, as long as a qualified injector is doing your treatments, you're in good hands.

George T. Boris, MD, FRCS, FACS

Restylane vs Juvederm

+2

Both are equally safe or dangerous. They are both brand names of a generic called Hyaluronic Acid. As Steve Dayan likes to say, what do you like Coke or Pepsi? So they are like Coke and Pepsi. Regards
Dr. J
Disclaimer: This answer is not intended to give a medical opinion and does not substitute for medical advice. The information presented in this posting is for patients’ education only. As always, I encourage you to see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Tanveer Janjua, MD
Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

Both Restylane and Juvederm Are Safe.

+2

Restylane and Juvederm are hyaluronic acid fillers that are FDA approved for injection into the face.  While they have unique properties, they are both very safe if properly injected. Expert injectors have their preferences between these fillers.  I universally prefer Restylane for injections around the eyes.  

It is more important to choose a great injector than to choose the type of filler.  An expert injector will choose the correct filler for you.  

Jonathan Kulbersh, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Which filler is safer, Restylane or Juvederm?

+2

Restylane and Juvederm are equally safe in the hands of a specialist. Your physician may have a preference for each filler for particular areas of the face. It is important to choose a board certified and experienced injector when looking to have treatment with filler. A plastic surgeon, facial plastic surgeon, or dermatologist are all great choices. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Safety of Juvederm and Restylane

+2

Hi Odessito,

Both Juvederm and Restylane are hyaluronic acid injectable fillers.  Fortunately, both of these fillers are extremely safe.  Except for extremely rare cases of an allergic response to hyaluronic acid, all complications from these fillers are due to the injector.  Most importantly, choose your injecting physician most carefully!  Good luck and be well.

Dr. Persky

Encino, CA

Michael A. Persky, MD

Safety of FDA approved HA fillers is equivalent

+2

Both Restylane and Juvederm are FDA approved and are equally safe, when used properly.  Your injector may have a preference for which product gives the best results in different areas of the face.  Make sure your injector is appropriately trained, certified, and  experienced.   Before and after pictures should be available.

Just like a hammer from Home Depot vs one from Lowes...either one can do great work.  It depends much more on who is holding the hammer than which brand name is on the label.

Michael Bowman, MD
Montgomery Facial Plastic Surgeon