Did I Have Enough Breast Tissue to Go Bigger?

I am 17 days post op and my breast look like they have dropped alot (I have been massaging for 1 week) I have 360cc(R) 390cc(L), saline, natrelle 68 MP, crease inscision. Im 5'5, 150 lbs. I feel that my breast tissue had more room to go bigger(1child, did not breastfeed). I am very dissapointed and I cant even imagine how they can possibly get any bigger. Should my PS have recommended to go bigger because of my stats? Any advice. Am I speaking to soon? Is there hope?

Stats No Good byVillar

+3

Stats are useless for evaluation.  Good photographs with arms at side needed for some general advice.  Thorough hands on physical exam needed for reliable advice. Too early to evaluate your current surgery. Best wishes.  Knowledge is power

+2

Your suspicion that you may be speaking too soon is correct. Allow three months at least, and then evaluate. 

WIthout photos or breast measurements, and some info about your goals, your questions cannot be answered on line. For example, I have not a clue as to your current size, and what your goal was. There are not stats here to guess what sizes might have been safely implanted.

Patience. Please add photos and more info, and your questions should get some useful responses. The best source of advice will most certainly be your surgeon.

All the best. 

Early Breast Augmentation Results

+2

You are correct in assuming that it is too early to judge how you feel about the outcome of your breast augmentation surgery. Give yourself up to three months after surgery to determine if you are happy with your size. This will also allow the tissues to heal and relax so that it can accommodate larger implants if you so desire at that time.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Implant choices

+2

The ability to "handle" a larger implant is multifactorial including skin elasticity/laxity.  It is hard to comment without an exam.

+2

Usually, it is not an issue of the amount of breast tissue.  The size of implant selected depends upon comfort with the size after trying on sizers in the office.  Furthermore, the maximum implant size will be determined by chest wall and breast width and concerns for overall shape and aesthetics.  You may well be able to go much larger, but it is hard to say without pictures or an exam.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of breast augmentation and breast augmentation revision procedures each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Best to live with breast implants for several months.

+2

Hi.

I doubt that your breasts will change much.  Implant size sounds reasonable.  See how you feel in four months and perhaps get another opinion.  If you are not happy then, a revision usually helps.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Too Small after Breast Augmentation?

+2

I think that you are correct in that it is too early to evaluate the end results of the procedure performed. Generally speaking, it is not unusual for patients to feel that they are “too big” or “too small” within the first month after surgery. Often, the same patients will go on to be much happier in the longer term,  After they have physically and psychologically “adapted” to the new body image.

At this time, I would suggest that you continue to exercise patience and continue to follow-up with your plastic surgeon. In the longer term, if you still have concerns communicate these with your plastic surgeon in a calm/constructive fashion.

+2

There's LOTS of hope!  First of all, 17 days is way to early to assess the final result which can take up to six months (and in some cases longer) to achieve.  Second, it sounds like things are actually going very well; they're dropping, so that's good.

Whether or not you could have gone larger is difficult to answer via this forum and, in general, is hard to know without seeing you in person.  If you had a lot of extra, loose skin (nothing personal) then, based on your frame, you may have been able to.  This is an important part of the pre-op discussion with your surgeon.  However, if your surgeon felt that your tissues were tight with these implants, then he/she was exercising good and appropriate judgment that is beneficial to you.

My advice: let these implants continue to heal, as they apparently are, and I suspect that you'll become increasingly comfortable with your result.

I hope that this helps and good luck,

Dr. E

Alan M. Engler, MD, FACS

Breast Implant Size

+2

Breast size is such a personal decision - I don't think there is any "right" size for breast or patient stats.  You have to pick a size that you like for yourself.  I think it is true that you will not get bigger than you are at this point and you may in fact get a bit smaller as the swelling goes down.  This is a very common complaint from patients that they wish they had gone bigger after surgery.  Hang in there and wait for the implants to descend into the pocket and for the breast tissue to soften up (about 3 months) before you really decide if you like  your results - things change so much, even in the next 2 weeks!  At that point, if you still wish you were bigger, you can have an implant exchange to put in larger implants and the recovery is very minimal!  Good luck!  K. Roxanne Grawe, MD Columbus Plastic Surgeon

K. Roxanne Grawe, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Too soon to go bigger...

+2

Hello and thanks for your post. It's way to early to call this a final result. You should be more patient at this time, but talk to your plastic surgeon when you can. Thanks, Dr. Aldo.

Aldo Guerra, MD