Chin Implant Removal - Opinions Please? (photo)

I had a 5mm silicone implant w/wings revision. The doctor shaved it and inserted it higher as I didn't like how the original job made my face look too long (didn't like that my jawline wasn't even with the implant). I'm still not happy. I want my original face shape back. It looks off center, pushes up my lower lip, and has that ugly curl above it. It also wrinkles when I pout and photographs oddly. Botox in the area hasn't helped. If I remove it, will it look like last pic (my real chin)

After Removal Of Chin Implant, the Chin Typically Returns to Normal

+1

After removing a chin implant, the skin typically will contract back to its original appearance. Depending on the size of the implant and how long it was in place, it can vary on the amount of time it will take to return.  It typically takes a few months to return to normal.  

Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Chin Implant Removal - Opinions Please?

+1

I think removing the implant is the right move based upon your pictures and your description of your concerns.  However, a profile view would be more telling in making a better determination.  Usually, following the removal of the chin implant, the soft tissue does well contracting.  The soft tissue can also be resuspended and anchored down to aid in this process.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Chin implant removal

+1

In most cases, when you remove a chin implant, the chin returns back to its normal projection over time. It may take up to 4 to 6 months for this to happen but it can be sooner.

Scott Trimas, MD
Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Chin implant removal

+1

In most cases, when a chin implant is removed, the appearance should return to the pre-implant state.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon