Cheek Augmentation to Feminize Face? (photo)

I'm unhappy with my lower cheek area, it looks too bottom heavy to me. I would like to know what options I have to make my face more feminine. I'm worried about buccal fat removal, but I feel like my upper face is too gaunt and my lower face is too full. Thanks!

Cheek implants for more facial balance

+2

Cheek augmentation is an outpatient procedure performed by inserting a small wafer of silastic material through the intraoral approach and directly over the maxillary bone.  The implants come in different sizes, forms and shapes (such as malar and submalar) depending upon the patient’s desires. Submalar implants are used for more of a lower malar augmentation while malar shell implants are used for a broad cheek augmentation. Cheek augmentation simply gives more youthfulness to the cheek area. We do not recommend buccal fat pad removal.

Cheek Augmentation Good Option To Feminize Face

+2

I agree with you analysis and think that cheek augmentation will help you achieve your goals. from the one photo you provided, I think that a modest increased volume of your deficient cheeks would be of benefit to restoring a more feminine appearance. Cheek implants are permanent and predictable.  Fat Grafting (fat transfer) is also permanent but less predictable. Fat grafting is done by lipoinjection but not all of the transferred fat lives. Either method can improve your appearance.   You will have to weigh Fillers vs Fat Grafting or using an implant.

Pro: Fat Transfer by lipoinjection is more of a permanent solution as is use of an implant.                                 
    Con: Because the amount of fat that survives is variable you may need to do additional treatments. Further as the fat transferred behaves like fat from the donor site, if you gain a lot of weight the fat transfer will also increase with volume. Implants are foreign bodies and rarely can become infected or dislodged.

Pro: Fillers: such as Radiesse, Jeuvederm, Restylane, Perlane, Sculptra and others can give you an idea of your improvement and if you are unhappy with it, it will dissipate over time.  On the other hand, if you like what you see, then you may want to go ahead with fat transfer of placement of an implant.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Hello

+2

There is a product called Sculptra it is an injectable. It last 2-3 years, it is a very good product it repairs your own collagen and it plumps you back up in your cheek area. You should do some research on it.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS

Cheek Augmentation to Feminize Face?

+2

Aesthetically speaking, from the photos provuded, your cheeks are quite flat making the face appear elongated.  Cheek Augmentation with fillers (I prefer Perlane) or using Cheek IMplants for a permanent augmentation should be considered.  Be certain that the plastic and cosmetic surgeon, you select, understands and follows the proper aesthetics of facial beauty for the creation of more feminine cheeks.  Hope this helps.

Cheek Augmentration

+2

I agree that cheek augmentation will improve facial definition and proportions. This can be achieved using fillers such as Radiesse, injections of your own fat, or the placement of implants which will provide a permanent solution.

Cheek augmentation to improve facial proportions

+2

Reviewing your photos I can appreciate that your lower face seems a little stronger than the upper part.   Augmenting the cheeks may help soften your face and transform the oval shape to a bit more of a heart shape.

I would start with Perlane for cheek augmentation and then consider Radiesse if more umph is needed.

On a positive note, with the strength of your chin, your neckline will always look nice and defined, and an oval shaped face is a nice place to start!

David Mabrie, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Cheek augmentation to feminize face

+2

It does appear from your photos that you possibly would be a candidate for cheek augmentation.  This could be accomplished either surgically, with implants, or non-surgically, with injectable fillers.  There are several types of fillers that could be used, such as Radiesse, Sculptra or Artefill.  I would not recommend buccal fat removal, as this can have consequences later in life.   

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

Consider malar fillers. Short acting like Restylane or longer lasting as Radiesse ot fat grafts. Seek in person evaluations. 

Facial feminization.

+1

You would benefit from cheek implants and  a Irregular. Trichophytic Forehead Lift with hairline lowering while raising your brows. No buccal fat removal. 

How to obtain a more feminine facial shape

+1

You will want to seek out a local board certified (facial) plastic surgeon or cosmetic dermatologist to discuss your options in detail.  However, based on your photos, I would consider augmentation of your upper face and cheeks with Sculptra.  This will help give balance to the upper portion of the face and as your volume increases in the upper face, it will help support the heaviness that you have in your lower face.  Properly done, you will have a more "heart-shaped" & feminine profile. 

You did not mention your age in your profile, but you appear young, therefore I would probably recommend against buccal fat removal, or at least keep it very conservative as you will probably lose some of that fat with time.

Other treatment options include other fillers or fat transfer.  These all have different risks and benefits, so discuss with your local doctor.  Best wishes!

Michael Bowman, MD
Montgomery Facial Plastic Surgeon