My Weak Chin Has Always Bothered Me, but I'm Unsure About the Costs and Potential Complications of Surgery? (photo)

Objectively, I know I'm a very pretty girl, but I feel that I could benefit from cheek and chin augmentation. I'm concerned, however, of ruining my natural beauty.

My Weak Chin Has Always Bothered Me, but I'm Unsure About the Costs and Potential Complications of Surgery?

+1

A chin implant is reasonable and can be placed in through a submental incision or an intraoral incision. This may cost $3000 to $4000 or so. This is generally a well tolerated procedure with few complications.

Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of chin implants and facial procedures each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Chin augmentation for weak chin profile

+1
 A cheek implant can be inserted through submental approach under local anesthesia with very minimal complications. The implants come in a variety of sizes and shapes, are composed of Silastic, and are relatively easy to insert. Expect some degree of swelling and minor bruising for approximately 2 weeks after the procedure.

Cheek and Chin Augmentation

+1

Chin augmentation will improve facial proportions. Although you have many choices I strongly suggest that a young lady like yourself  use a solid silicone implant which is permanent. There are risks with any operation but the risks of chin augmentation are minimal and usually temporary when done by an experienced surgeon. I need more pictures as described on my website to evaluate your cheeks but both surgeries are frequently done at the same time.

+1

Why not try some fillers to the chin area to see if this improves the appearance. Than after the filler metabolizes you could consider a small chin implant.//

Chin implant

+1

This is easy. If you have doubts about surgery, you can have some saline, or better a filler injected into the chin. That way you can see how it looks . Same with the cheeks.

if you like it you can wait until the filler goes away and replace it with an implant later. If you don't like it you can dissolve the filler.

Val Lambros, MD, FACS
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Natural beauty and surgical changes

+1

I agree with you about your natural beauty which prompts me to say. . .why not wait?  If you're concerned about noticable changes to your face and truely looking like a different person then give it significant thought and seek multiple consults.

That being said I do feel  you are a good candidate for both chin and cheek augmentation.  Implants are great options and can be done with subtly or signficant change.  Perhaps you should consider filler first?  It would be temporary and do a great job of giving you either confidence about the decision to move forward or wait until you feel more comfortable.  Also, waiting in your case may not be so bad as your anatomy lends itself to an even more recessedd look as you age making the implants more necessary in the future.

Best of luck

Chase Lay, MD

Chase Lay, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Facial Enhancement

+1

While your areas of concern can be addressed, it is always recommended that you maintain a natural and balanced appearance with the rest of your face.  In our office, 3-D computer imaging can help you visualize what you may look like after your procedure.  Please consult with a board certified specialist who can assist you with achieving the results you seek. 

Kimberly Lee, MD

Improving the natural jawline

+1

you appear to have a somewhat 'narrow' face; so that you have to be cautious about a 'chin only' procedure which can create an unnatural prominence of the front part of the jawline while leaving the middle and back of the jawline looking shallow. One can compensate by augmenting the chin only slightly to avoid this look.

It is a safe and very effective and natural procedural result. Don't be overly concerned, but get a full explanation of the 'final ' look after someone examines your jawline, both clincally and radiographically

Gerald Wittenberg, MSc, DMD
Vancouver Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon