Would Cheek Implants (Or a Cheek Augmentation) Look Good? (photo)

I would get cheek implants, nothing impermanent if it will look good. I want more projection under my eyes, because vertically my face is flat. In my pictures I had a fat transplant to my nasolabial folds and it is still a little swollen. I am very skinny.

Cheek augmentation, Cheek implants

+2

As stated thin faces show noticeable results with cheek implants.

If you are not shure if you would like the results a semi-permanent filler like Perlane or Radiesse can give you a good idea of how large and implant to use and where to place it.

More longlasting results can be achieved with Sculptra, Artefill. Silicone and polypropylene  cheek implants do not resorb however have the annoying tendency to slip out of position.  Please consult in person with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon prior to making treatment decisions

Cheek implant candidate

+2

Patients who have a long thin gaunt face tend to benefit the most from cheek augmentation.  A small silastic cheek implant can be inserted through an intraoral approach using general anesthesia. A small amount of augmentation is given in the cheek area which gives more youthfulness and fullness at the cheek and maxilla.

Techniques for Cheek Augmentation

+2

You have excellent cheek projection, but submalar implants will give you the desired contour below your eyelids. This will give the illusion of shortening your long mid-face.

Would cheek implant look good?

+2

In my opinion, I do not think that I would recommend a cheek implant for you.  Your cheek bones already look fairly prominent and I think adding to that will make it look unnatural.  There is an area of depression below your cheek bone, and this area could be augmented and, I believe, improve your appearance.  The augmentation could be done surgically with a submalar implant, although I think you could more fully treat the area with a filler like Sculptra or Radiesse.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Submalar Cheek Implants and Fillers For Under The Eyes

+1

While there are good arguments for various fillers in the cheeks, I would lean towards implants, particularly the submalar style cheek implants. The key to a good cheek implant result is to not oversize it or make it too disproportionate to the rest of your face. This is particularly true in a thin patient with little subcutaneous fat. When looking for increased projection along the infraorbital rim (under the eyes) then one would initially lean towards fillers as that is a more difficult place to insert implants as it requires a lower eyelid incision. Fat injections vs a variety of other synthetic fillers would be a good first test to see how the changes would look.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Submalar implants for sunken in area below upper cheek.

+1

Submalar  implants for sunken in area below upper cheek is the permanent solution or you can use Radiesse for temporary results--2 years.

Would Cheek Implants (Or a Cheek Augmentation) Look Good?

+1

Aesthetically speaking, the left cheek is quite flat.  The right one, less so.   The flat cheeks make the face appear elongated.  Cheek Implants would improve these issues.  Hope this helps.

Hello

+1

What you can do to give your cheeks fullness is a injectable called SCULPTRA... The product is injected in the cheek area and it last 2-3 years. The product repairs or builds more collagen and it fills up the cheek area giving you fuller cheek bones.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS

Enhance Cheek Definition

+1

I agree with your other consultants.  If you are looking to improve the appearance of your cheeks and midface I do not think implants are the way to go.

You appear very fit and have a paucity of subcuticular fat though out your face.  I would recommend adding volume using Sculptra (1st choice) or  Radiesse (2nd choice).  You may not have the abdominal resources, but if you had a bit of belly fat lipostransfer would offer the longest lasting way of adding volume.

Hope this helps. 

Christopher Kolstad, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Cheek Implants versus Injecitons

+1

Based on your pictures, you may want to consider Sculptra Aesthetic to enhance your cheeks.  Sculptra works by thickening the tissue below your skin and adding volume.  In your case, I think this would give a much more natural result than cheek implants.

Good Luck.

David Shafer, MD