How Soon After Explantation May I Resume my Crossfit Workouts?

I'll be getting explantation this Thursday without capsulectomy. I've had my 450 cc saline implants under the muscle since 2007. I'm very active in Crossfit and would like to know when it is safe to resume this activity?

Only your surgeon should clear you for Crossfit

+2

You will recover quickly after your implants are removed, so don't workout until cleared by your surgeon. He/she may say after a couple days if everything goes well, or they may want you to wait a couple weeks if there is concern over healing. If you are not released to do Crossfit, ask your surgeon when you can do alternatives such as lower body weight lifting, exercise bikes, step machines, walking.... 

Bethesda Plastic Surgeon

Workouts

+1

every surgeon has their own protocol so it is best to review this with your surgeon. Depending on the extent of the surgery this should be a very short period of time.

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Without capsulectomy, very soon

+1

Thank you for the question.  If you are not also undergoing a capsulectomy the chance of bleeding is decreased and you could resume exercise very soon, perhaps a day or two later.  You will want to wear a snug sports bra for comfort and take a few days to ease into your exercise routine.

Dr Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Activity after implant removal

+1

When can you start working out?  It is really a question you should ask your doctor, because we all have different post-surgical instructions.

Resuming Crossfit after Removal of Breast Implants?

+1

Your plastic surgeon will be your best resource when it comes to resuming activity after removal of breast implants. Keep in mind, that only he will know how well you are progressing and is ultimately responsible for your. My concern, in your case, would be too early resumption of strenuous workouts and the potential for fluid accumulation in the space where the breast implants “lived” since 2007. I would caution you to go slow and allow yourself an  appropriate period of rest.