Young male with eye bags. What are my treatment options? (Photo)

I'm a 20-25 year old male. I have eye bags that persist regardless of how much I sleep, but get significantly worse if I go light on sleep. I have severe allergies. I take extremely good care of my health. Questions: 1) In the event that I lack sleep, is there a way of lessening the way it shows under my eyes? 2) I am in the process of treating my allergies. Moreover, I recognize I am too young for most surgical treatments. What are the best treatment options available to me?

Eyelid bags from allergies

+2
There are several treatments to lessen eyelid bags as a result of chronic allergies including topical medications,various surgical procedures or laser treatments around the eyes. You're on the right path to try to treat the source and keep the allergies under control as  any of these procedures mentioned will not cure allergies. Working with an allergist and eyelid specialist can hopefully Improve your condition. 

Austin Oculoplastic Surgeon

Eyelid bags

+1
You may be a good candidate for hyaluronic acid fillers (ie restylane) to the lower lid/cheek junction.  Once you get your allergy symptoms stabilized, seek an evaluation by an experienced injector around the eyelid area to see if you would benefit from injectable fillers.
Good luck...

Christopher I. Zoumalan, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Dark circles asa result of allergies

+1
I have looked at your pictures and believe the swelling to be secondary to your allergies. When the swelling occurs in your nose and face this causes venous congestion in the area. Because the lower eyelid skin is the thinnest in the body any back up of blood will cause discoloration here. Treatment of the allergies with an antihistamine or even a nasal steroid should help. Should the discoloration persist, occasionally a hyaluronic acid filler such as Resylane or Juvederm can help if placed in the correct fashion. Good luck to you.

Giancarlo Zuliani, MD
Rochester Facial Plastic Surgeon

Under eye treatments

+1
Based on your photos, I would not recommend any surgical options for you at this time but I think an injectable filler would work well for you.  I would recommend using one of the hyaluronic acid fillers for the under eye area.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dark circles are not caused by allergies!

+1
Allergic shiners is just something that a pediatrician made up to confuse mom's. First a moisturizer on this skin is actually helpful.  It does not cure the circle but it does make the skin look better.  Restylane filler is the best option here.