What is my best options for removing jiggly belly/handles? I'd like to avoid Tummy Tuck if possible. (photos)

I'm 48 yrs old...6'0...pretty active lift, run, bike, tennis. I have pretty good core/abdominal muscle development. I usually weigh between 180-190. Although had a high weight of 225 and then dropped it to 175 over years. Now slowly back to 190. Even at my Lowest weight I still had a little belly and handles. Now the belly and handles are bigger. I want to drop the handles and belly. Worried about flabby skin.What are my best options? Freeze vs. lipo vs. other? Thanks

Lipo questions

+1
I think lipo would give you very slight improvement, but you risk getting skin rippling or contour irregularities.  I don't think it's worth it in your case.  Venus freeze? Don't waste your money.  A little more abdominal exercise and a little weight loss is all you need.

Abdominal fat

+1
Thank you for the pictures.

I believe that you make a great candidate for UL liposuction in the abdomen and waist and flanks. This procedure will help melt fat cells before being extracted as is tightening up your skin while doing that, up to 30%.

Dr. Campos

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Abdominal contouring

+1
You definitely do not need a tummy tuck to achieve the abdominal contouring you're looking for.  Liposuction is a good alternative to thin your abdominal wall, and sculpt a leaner abdomen, flank, and low back area.  Incisions are tiny, about 5-6mm and are hidden in your belly button, groin crease, and underwear line on the back.  Downtime is less than a week, and you would be able to expect a nice change.  Non-invasive techniques such as cool-sculpting will only contour a small area, and are less effective and less precise at sculpting a large area than is liposuction.  The benefit of the non-invasive techniques are that they are cheaper, and have shorter downtime.  Good luck in your enhancement.

Kyle Song, MD
Irvine Plastic Surgeon

What are my best options for removing jiggly belly/handles? I'd like to avoid Tummy Tuck if possible.

+1
As a bodybuilder, I understand your concerns.  Liposuction skillfully performed would produce a very nice result.

Find a board certified plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of liposuction procedures each year. Look for great reviews and great before and after pictures.

Laser liposuction is a good option for your belly handles

+1
The benefit of laser liposuction is that in addition to fat removal you may achieve about 22% skin tightening as well.  Your result will not be as good as a tummy tuck but liposuction will avoid the tummy tuck scars.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

+1
I recommend regular liposuction pending clinical evaluation in person. From your posting and the attached pictures: a skin overhang following liposuction will be a small possibility.

Maan Kattash, MD, FRCS

Best options for removing jiggly belly/handles?

+1
There are several options available to improve the areas that concern you: Non-surgical fat removal with a radiofrequency technique (Vanquish), non-surgical fat removal with a freezing technology, or liposuction. While each treatment has advantages and disadvantages, none of the non-surgical procedures gives the same result as an artistically performed liposuction. 

Keep in mind that following advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you what to do without examining you, physically feeling your tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history and discussing the pros and cons of each operative procedure would not be in your best surgery. I would suggest that you find a surgeon certified by the American Board of American Plastic Surgery and one who is ideally a member of The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Options for male love handles

+1
It appears that you could be a great candidate for liposuction to remove the extra fat.  CoolSculpting is a non-surgical option that many men pursue for love handles and abdominal fat.  Each session takes 1 hour (per area), and most people have a second treatment to optimize the results.   The fat is "frozen" and your body will slowly absorb the fat cells that die through a mechanism called apoptosis.   Neither procedure will tighten skin, but are aimed primarily at fat reduction. 
I encourage you to check out both options!

Dr. Michelle Spring

Michelle Spring, MD

Pockets of fat on belly and "handles"

+1
Exam would be necessary to give you a definitive answer to your questions, but from your history and photos, you seem to be a good candidate for liposuction, with or without a skin-tightening adjunct.

Michael Leff, MD
Bellevue Plastic Surgeon

Love handles

+1
Thank you for the photos and you appear to be an ideal candidate for liposuction that should give you the result that you are looking for with minimal down time and scarring. Dr. Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD
Brea Plastic Surgeon