Trusculpt? Permanent? Risky?

I have fat on the back of my thigh, I have been told coolsculpting is not a good option for that area. The doctor recommended Trusculpt instead. However , when looking online for multiple photos and information, I do not find any information about this procedure. Is it permanent destruction of the fat cells? Are there any risk in doing trusculpt on the leg area? Is dimpling, denting or rippling a possibility when doing trusculpt on thighs. Is this a suitable alternative to coolsculpting?

Coolsculpting on the thighs

+1

It is true Coolscultping is not FDA approved for use on the thighs. Many patients have been treated on the thighs in an off label manner and it can have nice results. I would caution patients about this nonetheless as in the wrong hands undesirable results may occur.

West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

CoolSculpting for off-label use in fat reduction of the thighs

+1

I do not have personal experience in treating fat with TruSculpt but I have had success, as other doctors have had, using CoolSculpting's flat applicator, "Cool Fit" to reduce fat of the posterior and other parts of the thighs. Of course, every patient is built differently and not all patients who have bulges of fat on the thighs are candidates for CoolSculpting. In our NYC practice, the doctor fits the patient with the appropriate applicators during the consultation to determine if the treatment is suitable for them and then discusses the risks.

The information provided in Dr. Shelton's answer is for educational purposes only and is not intended to constitute medical advice.  The information provided should not be relied upon as a substitute for consultations with a qualified health professional who may be familiar with your individual medical needs.

Ronald Shelton, MD