Are there any laser treatments for older scars?

I have a few old surgical scars I would love to make disappear. A skin doctor told me 10 years ago that once a scar is no longer red, there is no effective laser treatment. One scar is from a 2002 neck dissection and the others are from a 2010 breast augmentation. The surgeons did GREAT jobs so scar revision surgery is unnecessary. However, I would love to make them as close to invisible as possible. Is there a laser treatment for old, well healed scars?

Melarase creams and laser treatments for scars

Old scars can be treated topically with Melarase creams to combat hyperpigmentation and fractional laser to combat textural changes.

Raffy Karamanoukian MD FACS