Are there any laser treatments for older scars?

I have a few old surgical scars I would love to make disappear. A skin doctor told me 10 years ago that once a scar is no longer red, there is no effective laser treatment. One scar is from a 2002 neck dissection and the others are from a 2010 breast augmentation. The surgeons did GREAT jobs so scar revision surgery is unnecessary. However, I would love to make them as close to invisible as possible. Is there a laser treatment for old, well healed scars?

Melarase creams and laser treatments for scars

+1
Old scars can be treated topically with Melarase creams to combat hyperpigmentation and fractional laser to combat textural changes.

Raffy Karamanoukian MD FACS