Will the redness and scars from my epicanthoplasty procedure go away? (photo)

I had epicanthoplasty done on July 2 2014. The picture attached is from August 27 2014. There is still a lot of redness and the area feels hard underneath. Some of the area is darkened due to scarring. On my left eye there actually is a bump that I think is made from scarring/hardening underneath. Will these ever fade so it will look completely normal? How long will it take?

Redness and scar after epicanthoplasty

+1
Any time an incision is made in the skin, there will be a scar. At this point in the process, the scar is healing still. It takes a full year for the scar to undergo remodeling. In the meantime, there are scar gels which may help. You may consult with your surgeon in this postoperative period.

Washington Facial Plastic Surgeon

The healing process - Its still early

+1
Surgery of any kind takes at least 6 months to fully heal. Although I'd have to examine  you, firmness and erythema can simply be the ongoing healing process. Its been my experience the the firmness you are experiencing starts to soften at 6 months.. Check with your plastic surgeon to see if you should massage the area on a regular basis to soften up the area.

I hope this was helpful,
Dr. Barrett
Beverly Hills, CA

Daniel Barrett, MD