What Should Be the Order of Operations for Rhinoplasty and Genioplasty?

If I want to breakup two surgeries and have rhinoplasty done by one doctor and genioplasty done by another sometime later, what should be the order of operations? Rhinoplasty first and genioplasty second, or vice versa and what should be the gap between both procedures?

Genioplasty or Rhinoplasty First

+1

Do the rhinoplasty first and then the genioplasty.  You will want to establish the nose as your base and then have the chin try to meet it.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Rhinoplasty followed by genioplasty

+1

I would advise to do rhinoplasty first. Depending on your reasons for pursuing genioplasty, you may find that you don't need the procedure if the rhinopasty is done for the right reasons. If you need both then wait at least three months between the two.

Ahmed Abdullah, MD
Dubai Plastic Surgeon

They can be done simultaneously!

+1

Both a rhinoplasty and genioplasty can easily be done at the same time by the same surgeon.  If you are set on doing these two procedures at separate times pick which ever is most important to you first.

Michael E. Jones, MD

Rhinoplasty and genioplasty

+1

rhinoplasty angioplasty should be separated in time by at least a couple months. It does not matter which one was done first.

Should I do a rhinoplasty before a genioplasty?

+1

Interesting question. If, by genioplasty, you are referring to a simple chin implant, I would do both at the same time. Most well trained rhinoplasty surgeons are adept at positioning silicone chin implants. If you are referring to a sliding genioplasty in which the jaw bone is actually broken and shifted forward I would definitely recommend going with a surgeon who is experienced in this specific procedure. If you are convinced that you want to use two separate surgeons I would do the rhinoplasty first and the chin implant second.

Todd C. Miller, MD

Rhinoplasty and chin--what order if separated.

+1

It really makes no difference though when I do both I do the chin first and then the nose. Both can be done by the same surgeon.

Rhinoplasty and genioplasty

+1

First, I am not sure why you are not going to the same doctor for both?  Second I would probably do the rhinoplasty first and then match the chin augmentation/genioplasty second.