What is the Best Option for Creases/wrinkles Under the Eyes? (photo)

I have these creases under my eyes that I'd like to get taken care of. I've included photos that show them pretty clearly. What is my best bet for treating these? I was recommended a small amount of Botox by a local medspa, but I've read that sometimes Botox under the eyes can create bags, which scares me a little. Is there anything that can be done without having to do surgery? I'm not looking for perfection -- I'd just like the lines to be less noticeable. Thanks.

Surgery or Botox for Lower Lids

+1

The line to which you refer would not be made better with Botox.  A tiny skin pinch lower eyelid procedure could help with that, but I would not recommend that for such a small skin fold.

Wrinkles around eyes.

+1

You appear to have an eyelid dermatitis and should look into what is causing it. It can be a product that you are applying to your eyes, eyedrops, contact lens solution or something that you are touching. It is also possible that you have environmental allergies and are rubbing your eyes. I would address this first as treatment of the cause might give you some improvement

Jo Herzog, MD
Birmingham Dermatologist

Small creases on the eyelids

+1

Creases this close to the lid margin usually will not respond to Botox. The pictures tend to show eyelid skin that is slightly swollen and inflamed.  Any history of allergies, asthma and hayfever?  What products are your currently using for facial care and eye care?   I am a bit suspicious that you may have a bit of dermatitis relative to a product you are using or due to mild atopic conditions which is giving your these lines. 

Steven Swengel, MD
Los Gatos Dermatologic Surgeon

In a young person, a small crease under the eye can often be sofened by Botox

+1

In older patients, Botox may also weaken the muscle under the eye that holds the fat back, so the lines are better but now new bags appear, which is the fat from under the eye. If the latter occurs, it will return back to normal when the Botox wears off. But from the photos posted, the one small fold you have is no different than that seen in a child. Leave it alone

Steven J. Pearlman, MD

Small dose of Botox under eyes is safe

+1

Its hard to tell from these photographs what is contributing to your problem.  Looks like your crease could be caused by hyperactive muscles under your eyes, called the o obircularis oculi.  A small dose of Botox may help relax that.  1 to 2 units is generally all that is needed.  It should not cause bags under the eyes.  The results are temporary so if you do not like it, it will return to baseline.  You may also have loss of volume under the eyes which will benefit from fillers such as Restylane or Juvederm. I recommend you consult with an experienced dermatologist or plastic surgeon.

Daniel Yamini, MD

Small crease under eye.

+1

Small crease under eye in your case is best treated by doing nothing. You are the only one who sees this and to the world it looks normal. Leave it alone. There always will be a surgeon willing to operate.

Botox under the eyes

+1

I do think a very small dose of Botox would probably help, but I would not have it done at a medspa.  You need a really good experienced physician injector who has done a lot of eyes.  Its an off label use of Botox.  See a great board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon or in this case ophthalmologist, someone who has lots of experience with this.  

Rebecca Baxt, MD
Paramus Dermatologist

Botox and under eye lines

+1

It's difficult to answer this question without seeing you in person to assess better your situation. The lines look pretty small and are typical around that area - but may be helped with some Botox.

Sam Naficy, MD