Should I Get the Incision on the Same Area or Another Area to Prevent Deformities? (photo)

I am 3 wks post op and I can't wait to explant I know this is the right decision for me, I had the incision around the areola with 415cc I believe ultra high Profile, under the muscle why did the ps choose this for me? As I told him I wanted the most natural look? I will be going to another ps but I want to know my options and what to expect if I wait 3mths for explant my ps won't take out but if I do go to another ps I can explant as soon as they have available, which induction is best for me.

Explantation and incision choice

+1

If you are considering explantation, I agree that it is best to have it done sooner rather than later.  It is safe and favorable to use the same periareolar incision for your breast augmentation revision. This will avoid making new, unnecessary scars on your breasts.

Good luck. Hope this helps.

Tarrytown Plastic Surgeon

Explantation

+1

I agree, explantation is best sooner, and not later.  You will not get a natural result with an ultra hp implant, and the long term effects of such an implant are not in your favor. Although I am not a fan of the periareolar incision, it makes best sense to utilize the incisions you have. 

Why other surgeons do what they do I can not know, but I do know what is best practices based on science.  I would be happy to discuss with you.

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Should I Get the Incision on the Same Area or Another Area to Prevent Deformities

+1

If you are absolutely certain that you want them out and not just smaller, sooner is better than later. Typically, using the same incision makes sense. All the best.