Need to Stop Tazorac the Day Before Getting Botox?

I'm using Tazorac and want to get Botox. Do I need to stop using my Tazorac the night before getting Botox?

Tazorac and Botox

Thank you for your question. I would avoid using the Tazorac on the area where you're gettting the Botox. You want to avoid any irritation on the treatment area(s). If you get any redness or irritation from Tazorac, then stop it 2-3 days before injection treatment. I hope this helps!

Botox and topical treatments

No, you don't need to stop your topical medication prior to having cosmetic Botox injections. Botox is injected into the muscles thus your topical treatment will have no affect on the areas treated.

Sam Naficy, MD

No need to stop Tazorac, Retin-A, retinol, or other creams prior to Botox or fillers.

Prior to injecting you with Botox, Dysport, Restylane, or Juvederm, your physician will clean your skin, so since the injections don't irritate the surface skin in any way, it's not important to stop these sometimes-irritating anti-acne and anti-wrinkle creams prior to treatment. However, I generally do recommend taking one night off from using them after treatment, to allow the microscopic needle holes to fully heal under bland moisturizer before starting the medications again. Good luck with your treatments!

Jessica J. Krant, MD, MPH

Tazorac and other retinoids before Botox

You do not need to stop your Tazorac or other Retinoids before your Botox treatment. The good news is that you don't need to stop any of your topical treatments before your Botox treament. We often have you stop them before a Laser treatment or microdermabrasion or chemical peels but not with the fillers. Enjoy your Botox.

Esta Kronberg, MD
Houston Dermatologic Surgeon

Question: Need to Stop Tazorac the Day Before Getting Botox?

There is no contraindication with Tazorac.

Regards,

Anand G. Shah, MD

Anand G. Shah, MD
San Antonio Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox is OK with Tazorac

You do not need to stop Tazorac to get Botox. There is no positive or negative interaction between Botox and Tazorac.

Kevin L. McBride, DDS
Dallas Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon

Retinoids and Botox?

There is no need to stop any of your retinoids prior to having Botox, Dysport or Xeomin. These topicals have nothing to do with your injections

Jo Herzog, MD
Birmingham Dermatologist

Tazorac or Retin-a before Botox

You do not have to stop Retin-a products (tretinoin) or Tazorac before injections. That includes both Botox and fillers. Some physicians will ask that you stop them before certain laser procedures, or chemical peels.

Jennifer Reichel, MD
Seattle Dermatologic Surgeon

Tazorac and Botox

There is no reason to stop Tazorac to have Botox injections.Good luck with your Botox.

Dr. I

Ronald Iverson, MD
Pleasanton Plastic Surgeon

You do not need to stop Tazorac prior to having a Botox treatment. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Weber Facial Plastic Surgery

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon