Do I Need to Stay in a Recovery House in Tijuana, or Can I Go Home? Also, Question About Ccs.

I am having a Brazilian butt lift by a doctor in Tijuana. I live in Los Angeles. The drive is about 2 to 2.5 hours. Do I need to stay in a recovery house in Tijuana, or can I go home? Another thing I am concerned about is the amount of fat I might be able to get grafted. I was told by my surgeon that I have tight skin and that it would be difficult to graft more than 700 ccs. That seems low to me. I want at least 1000 ccs on each side. Thanks in advance for advice.

Fat transfer in a foreign country

+3

You should extensively research the doctor and the facility in a foreign country before committing to have any procedure. You will want to know where to go if you have a complication. You will want to know if the doctor will be available to you for follow up after surgery. The amount of fat injected is not as important as the amount of fat which survives, and 700 cc is a fair amount of fat. You should ask you doctor about after care facilities in their country-the 2.5 hr drive may be very uncomfortable for your after surgery.

Dr.Bruno

+2

Going to other countries for economic reasons may seem like a good idea.  However, the results of the Brazilian buttlift are highly surgeon dependent and highly variable.  It is important to get the Brazilian buttlift correct the first time.  This will end up saving you the most money.  I typically transfer 1200 to 1500 cc per buttock.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of breast augmentations and Brazilian buttlifts and liposuction procedures each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Questions about Upcoming Butt Lift Surgery?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures but I think that these types of questions are best addressed by your plastic surgeon who has assessed you and knows exactly what is planned.