Is a Scar revision for a 5-year old child reasonable?

1 week ago our 5-year old daughter had a horizontal cut 1cm above her eyebrow. It's about 2 cm long. It has been glued in the hospital, but they didn't close the wound properly. It seems that there's a gap of 5 mm between both wound edges. 1. Would it be possible to cut out the old scar in about 6-12 months and close the wound properly? 2. Is the skin able to expand the gap? 3. Would the result be worse if we wait some more time (e.g. until she's 10 or so), because the scar will also grow?

Plato's scar serum and fractional co2 laser for a scar on the forehead

+1
Our office specializes in scar revision surgery. Children may benefit from conservative treatment regarding scar revision. First line treatment may include application of Plato's Scar Serum and fractional co2 laser. 

Raffy Karamanoukian MD FACS

Forehead scarring in a 5 year old

+1
I am sorry to hear of your child's recent trauma.  As the wound is only about 1 week old I would recommend seeking an opinion about repairing it now.  Your surgeon may or may not wish to revise the wound earlier rather than later.  Without a photograph and more information it is not possible to suggest a definitive treatment plan.  Good Luck. 

Brian Biesman, MD
Nashville Oculoplastic Surgeon