Is It Safe to Visit my Father in ICU, Isolation Soon After I've Had Tickle/nil Liposuction?

Full abdomen, full back

ICU Isolation Exposure After Liposuction.

Absolutely.  Any small portal incisions are sealed against new bacteria very quickly.  When you visit the ICU you will (or should have) a gown, gloves, and a mask so the risk of you getting anything from the ICU is minuscule.  I would talk this over with your plastic surgeon but I would not hesitate to go.  Good luck to you and to your dad.     

500 Medical Center Blvd
Atlanta, GA 30046

Liposuction and hospital visits

Thank you for your question about liposuction healing.

• I am sorry your Dad is sick.
  • Wait 24 hours after your liposuction drainage has stopped to visit him.
  • After that the liposuction incisions are sealed - the isolation clothing - gown, mask, gloves, cap - will protect you from transferring germs in his room to your self.
  • Be sure to wash your hands after the visit.
  • Best wishes for your - and his - speedy recovery.

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

2045 Peachtree Rd NE
Atlanta, GA 30309