Full abdomen, full back
Is It Safe to Visit my Father in ICU, Isolation Soon After I've Had Tickle/nil Liposuction?
Doctor Answers 2
ICU Isolation Exposure After Liposuction.
Absolutely. Any small portal incisions are sealed against new bacteria very quickly. When you visit the ICU you will (or should have) a gown, gloves, and a mask so the risk of you getting anything from the ICU is minuscule. I would talk this over with your plastic surgeon but I would not hesitate to go. Good luck to you and to your dad.
Have a question? Ask a doctor
Liposuction and hospital visits
Thank you for your question about liposuction healing.
- I am sorry your Dad is sick.
- Wait 24 hours after your liposuction drainage has stopped to visit him.
- After that the liposuction incisions are sealed - the isolation clothing - gown, mask, gloves, cap - will protect you from transferring germs in his room to your self.
- Be sure to wash your hands after the visit.
- Best wishes for your - and his - speedy recovery.
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.