Is It Safe to Visit my Father in ICU, Isolation Soon After I've Had Tickle/nil Liposuction?

Full abdomen, full back

ICU Isolation Exposure After Liposuction.

+2

Absolutely.  Any small portal incisions are sealed against new bacteria very quickly.  When you visit the ICU you will (or should have) a gown, gloves, and a mask so the risk of you getting anything from the ICU is minuscule.  I would talk this over with your plastic surgeon but I would not hesitate to go.  Good luck to you and to your dad.     

Liposuction and hospital visits

+1

Thank you for your question about liposuction healing.

• I am sorry your Dad is sick.
  • Wait 24 hours after your liposuction drainage has stopped to visit him.
  • After that the liposuction incisions are sealed - the isolation clothing - gown, mask, gloves, cap - will protect you from transferring germs in his room to your self.
  • Be sure to wash your hands after the visit.
  • Best wishes for your - and his - speedy recovery.

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD