Would rhinoplasty be the best move to make my face more attractive/feminine? (Photo)

I also have a wide jaw and a large chin, but a refined profile would really add to my confidence. I dislike the bump and my somewhat boxy tip. Also, when I smile my nostrils lift up making my nose seem to droop/tip downwards. What do you recommend, and can it be achieved with closed rhinoplasty?

Rhinoplasty for more Feminine Face

+3
Thank you for the pictures and your questions. It seems that you would be a great candidate for a rhinoplasty. This can be as subtle or not as you like. But the basics are exactly what you mention: 1) getting rid of the bump on the bridge; 2) making the tip more refined (smaller, more shapely); and 3) gently elevating the front of the nose.  In my practice, I specialize in this type of procedure -- making the nose more refined and avoiding the obvious signs of a "surgical" nose. Best of luck moving forward!

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Closed rhinoplasty for hump removal and boxy tip repair

+2
 Closed rhinoplasty can accomplish your goals. The hump is composed of the bone and cartilage and can be shaved down. To repair the boxy  tip, suture techniques to  the lower lateral cartilages are performed. Osteotomies of the nasal bones will most likely be required after the hump has been removed. 

Would rhinoplasty be the best move to make my face more attractive/feminine?

+2
Yes, thinning and refining your nose would soften your facial features.  A closed rhinoplasty would take away the bump on your nose and a tipplasty would thin the tip to better balance with your face!

Rhinoplasty

+2
You face would be more feminine with a rhinoplasty, including reducing the bridge and elevating the tip.  This can be done through a closed approach.  A good Facial Plastic surgeon can also give you some ideas about other things that can be done to feminize a face.  Best wishes

David Alessi, MD

Rhinoplasty to make the face more attractive/feminine?

+2
The areas that concern you can be realistically cosmetically improved with an artistically performed rhinoplasty utilizing either a closed or an open approach.

Keep in mind that following advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you exactly what to do based on limited two dimensional photos without examining you, physically feeling your tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history and discussing the pros and cons of the operative procedure would not be in your best surgery. Natural appearing results need to be individualized and what is appropriate for one patient is not necessarily the best for someone else. I would suggest that you find a surgeon certified by the American Board of American Plastic Surgery and one who is ideally a member of The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) or facial plastic surgeon (otolaryngologist) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, M.D., FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

+2
The tip and dorsum can be refined with a closed rhinoplasty so that there is no visible scar.

Find a plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties, has great reviews, and has great before and after pictures.

Rhinoplasty

+2
Thank you for the photos and I agree with Dr Fleming.  Your nose can be dramatically improved with surgery

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD
Brea Plastic Surgeon

+2
Your nose fits your face. I agree with you in terms of the refinements you may need. I recommend shaving the hump and addressing the "boxy" tip, using your own cartilage.
This will also help preventing the droopiness in your tip as you smile or animate your face, in your profile view.

Maan Kattash, MD, FRCS

Rhinoplasty to Make Face More Feminine

+2
After reading your post I think you have answered your own question. Your nose does bother you so I would strongly encourage you to have a rhinoplasty. The undesirable features you describe can be corrected with a closed rhinoplasty by an experienced rhinoplasty specialist.

Rhinoplasty candidate

+1
Oh yeah, you would get a really nice result.  You need to concentrate on finding the right surgeon for you.  The selection of the right surgeon is the most important determinant of your result.  Go on three consults and check out their work carefully.  There is a big difference in skill level required for a rhinoplasty compared to some other plastic surgery procedures.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD