What are the chances to get a good result with a big crooked nose? (photos)

Could you recommend good plastic surgeons who have experience with a similar nose in the LA area? Thanks!

Fixing A Big Crooked Nose

+1
Complete correction of the crooked nose is a very difficult thing to accomplish.  However, you could obtain a significant improvement in the appearance of your nose with a rhinoplasty procedure.  You would also do well to have either a sliding genioplasty or chin implant to improve the overall balance of your face.

Fixing a crooked nose

+1
A crooked nose can be straightened, and a large nose can be brought into proportion with the rest of the face. The key to getting a good result is choosing an experienced surgeon that feels he/she understands your goals and can deliver the results you are after. Based on these photos, I would recommend an open approach to the nose (meaning you would have a small incision on the columella, with the rest of the incisions hidden in the nostrils) for the best control and visualization. There are a lot of unknowns, regarding your history and internal exam of the nose, that need to be addressed during a consultation and would influence the specific details of the procedure. The photos show a large nose with a low radix, dorsal hump, tension tip, and significant deviation or crookedness. The presence of a small chin also makes the nose look even larger in relation, so I would recommend considering a chin implant at the same time. All nasal surgery carries a risk of possibly needing a revision, and it is wise to take your time with consultations and choosing a surgeon. For this type of surgery you want to look for a Board Cerfified Plastic Surgeon or Facial Plastic Surgeon with experience with rhinoplasty and revision rhinoplasty (or advanced rhinoplasty techniques) who has done similar cases.

Anita Patel, MD

What are the chances to get a good result with a big crooked nose?

+1
Yes, you can get an improvement with a closed rhinoplasty.  This will address the bump on the nose, the crookedness and be done without any incisions on the outside of the face.  Many time, having a small chin (or recessed chin) can make the nose appear larger.  Adding a bit of projection to the chin helps the nose and 
face become more balanced.  

Crooked nose

+1
You are an excellent candidate for a rhinoplasty.  A crooked nose is difficult to correct completely, but the improvement would be considerable.  Go on a few consults and find a surgeon you are comfortable with.  In rhinoplasty, more than any other procedure, your choice of surgeon is the mist important decision you will make.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Rhinoplasty for crooked nose requires an expert plastic surgeon

+1
From your photograph it appears that a properly performed rhinoplasty can help straighten your nose.  There is probably a combination of nasal septal deformity and bony deformity causing the crooked appearance of your nose.

Please be sure to find a very experienced, board certified plastic surgeon who has an excellent reputation in rhinoplasty.  Correction of the crooked nose is a challenging type of rhinoplasty and requires a very experienced surgeon.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Nasal improvement

+1
Your nose has several issues and certainly could be improved upon in terms of dorsal reduction and straightening the appearance in the frontal view.

Big Crooked Nose

+1
Thank you for your question and for sending photos. I would expect you to have a nice change if the operation were done by a board certified plastic surgeon who has an expertise in rhinoplasty. RealSelf.com could help you find a qualified surgeon in your area.  Making a crooked nose straight is tricky. The nose has the tendency "bend" back into a crooked condition. I tell my patients that surgical revision is sometimes needed. I don't charge for this. 

William McClure, MD

Achieving Good Result on Big Crooked Nose

+1
A crooked nose is one of the most difficult problems to correct. However in the hands of an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon you will have a good result reducing the size, straightening the nose, and improving nasal breathing.

Rhinoplasty results for large nose.

+1
The rhinoplasty results will be excellent IF u go to a very experienced rhinoplasty surgeon who does natural noses. 

Crooked nose

+1
Chances are good if it is done by an experienced surgeon who has done a few of these. Both septum and dorsum have be corrected in this type of problem.

Mohsen Tavoussi, MD, DO
Huntington Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon