Rhinoplasty for crooked nose with bump - Realistic results? (photo)

I have a nose that curves to one side, with a bulbous, fleshy tip and a bump along the bridge. I would like to have a rhinoplasty to remove the bump, straighten the bridge, raise the tip and overall deproject the tip and nose. I have attached two morphs I attempted -- are these realistic expectations for what I can achieve through surgery (particularly in the front view)? Also, is my chin deprojected? Would I benefit from an implant? Thank you!

Rhinoplasty

+2
Thank you for the morphed images and your questions. Without an examination to confirm my opinions, I think you have very realistic expectations and should get the desired result. You might also benefit from chin augmentation but the side view submitted may not be at a perfect right angle to judge your chin so an exmaination is needed. Dr. Corbin

Brea Plastic Surgeon

Deprojection and chin implant

+1
Dear Dreamitdoit,
It is impossible to give true medical advice without personal consultation.  This is especially the case when it comes to simulations for rhinoplasty--working with Photoshop youself is a bit of a slippery slope.  An experienced rhinoplasty surgeon would examine you and (if s/he likes) perform a simulation based on your anatomy, as well as the characteristics of your nasal skin envelope, your bones, and your cartilage.  Having said that, your simulation looks good (nice job!).  Determining whether or not this is realistic is impossible without an exam, in my opinion.
Regarding the chin, the same applies.  You chin projection does look good, it's really a personal preference as to whether you wish to project it further.
Dr. Most

Sam Most, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty and Chin Implant Questions

+1
Dear Dreamitdoit, The angle shown on your photograph makes it unable to completely determine if I think you are a candidate for chin augmentation. A photograph with a better angle would be beneficial in this format. However a consultation and direct examination will determine the need for chin augmentation. Your digital imaging photograph regarding rhinoplasty is realistic however I would probably artistically make some alterations during consultation to provide a more natural appearance that blends well with your entire facial aesthetics. See an expert in the field of rhinoplasty and chin augmentation, have a consultation with digital imaging, review the surgeons before and after photographs and when you find the surgeon you feel competent with then go with your screen name "dreamitdoit" Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

Rhinoplasty for crooked nose with bump - Realistic results?

+1
The nasal areas that concern you can be realistically improved with a natural appearing rhinoplasty performed by an artistic plastic surgeon with extensive experience in performing nasal surgery.

Nasal cosmetic surgery and a chin implant are frequently performed together in the appropriate patient. The ideal aesthetic result should be individualized to achieve harmony with your other facial features and improve the areas that concern you.

Keep in mind that following advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you what to do based on two dimensional photos without examining you, physically feeling your tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history and discussing the pros and cons of the operative procedure would not be in your best interest. Natural appearing results need to be individualized and what is appropriate for one patient is not necessarily the best for someone else. I would suggest that you find a surgeon with extensive rhinoplasty experience certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and one who is ideally a member of The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) or a facial plastic surgeon (otolaryngologist) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person. The extent and length of the procedure, cost, and the specific operative steps to achieve an ideal cosmetic result vary from patient to patient and would depend on the findings at your consultation examination.

Robert Singer, M.D., FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

+1
Yes, your expectations are realistic for a rhinoplasty.  As for your chin, yes, you do have a recessed chin.  If you hold your finger from your lip down, your chin should touch your finger (for a male).  If the chin is small, the nose may appear larger.  A rhinoplasty and chin implant would achieve your goal.

Crooked Nose with Bump

+1
Your criticism of your nose is accurate and your expectations realistic.  Consult with an experienced surgeon. You have made minimal changes which have given you a natural result. With these pictures I cannot be sure about the need for a chin implant; a true lateral with your jaw level would be helpful.

+1
Thank you for your question. I think that you are a good candidate for a rhinoplasty and chin implant. You have reasonable expectations. Caution: Computer programs that "morph" your appearance to show you what your nose may look like after surgery are a counseling tool and not a guarantee of outcome. The computer cannot take into effect the physical properties of your skin and nasal cartilage; nor can it account for post-operative swelling. I recommend that you make an appointment with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your surgical options.

Wesley T. Myers, MD
Conroe Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

+1
It is not unusual to have deviated nose as the result of asymmetric face which  is prevalent. Your expectations are achievable and your profile will benefit from a chin implant. Look at several before and after photos of patient with similar problems.

Mohsen Tavoussi, MD, DO
Huntington Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty for dorsal hump and crooked nose

+1
The photographs do appeared to show a reasonable result  with the  Rhinoplasty procedure. The dorsal hump can be shaved down and straightening the bridge can be accomplished with osteotomies. The tip of the nose will need to be raised with a tip-plasty. Removal of the dorsal hump  will help keep  de-project the nose as well. for many examples for dorsal hump reduction and  crooked nose repair, please see the link below

+1
   I think that all of those proposed maneuvers can be undertaken, though the result will not look exactly like the morphed images.  A small chin implant may be reasonable as well.