Should I Get a Retouch? (photo)

I had smart lipo the end of September on my upper, lower abs, waste and hips, and this is my results thus far. I am not happy with the results and it doesn't seem to be getting any better. I see people on here that had more fat than me achieve greater results. The total amount of fluids removed from my body was 1700 cc in one canister (from 1200 to 1700 in that one was kinda of orange color the rest at the bottom was red) and in the other canister it was 900 cc ( from 400 -900) was orange in color as well with the bottom being red again).

Excellent Result

+2
Unfortunately you only provided one preop view, but the result you showed looks excellent.  A lateral preop view would be helpful  If there is residual fat, it would be ok at this time to have an additional touchup.  An in person exam would be necessary to answer this question. Sometimes loose skin masquarades as fat and intra-abdominal  fat can also mar your results.  Good luck.

Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Touch Up of Lipo

+2

I am not sure how much was suctioned the first time, but your contours appear good after.  If you are wanting more, this may be possible, but I find it hard to assess subcutaneous thickness without an exam.

Smart Lipo Revision

+1

From your photos it is difficult to determine if the lower abdominal prominence is due to residual subcutaneous fat (fat under the skin) or if the problem is lax abdominal wall muscles and/or intra-abdominal fat (visceral fat).  If the problem is subcutaneous fat a revision may be warranted.  If the problem is the later,  further  liposuction will not help.  In that case a tummy tuck may be an option.  Best wishes.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Smartlipo retouch

+1

Smartlipo results take up to 6 months to see your final result. Have patience with this recovery and see your surgeon for your regular follow ups.

Bruce E. Katz, MD

SmartLipo touchup

+1

You didn't state why you are not happy with your results - from the photos, it is difficult to appreciate any problems.    It is never a great idea to compare volumes of liposuction aspirate to anyone else, as there are too many variables to compare.  Sometimes the aspirate is mostly fat, sometimes it has more fluid which may or may not be counted.  Also, the amount of fat does not always correlate to a significant change in body shape - some women have a more hourglass shape, some women carry more fat inside their abdomens (which cannot be treated with liposuction), and you have to take into account overall characteristics like height and weight.   1000cc aspirate on a 6 foot muscular woman will look different than on a 5'1" overweight woman, for example.  If there are areas that you are concerned about, let your plastic surgeon know and he or she should address it.

Michelle Spring, MD

Results after SmartLipo

+1

Thanks for your question and pictures.  You appear to have had very good improvement with your procedure.  Without doing an in person exam and determining how much subcutaneous fat (pinch test) versus intra-abdominal fat is present, it is difficult to give a good answer on whether a second procedure could help.

Naveen Setty, MD

Hips

+1

You had a lot done and need more healing time. Be sure that you are controlling your eating and have returned to exercise. Visual as well as feel will determine what can be done

David A. Bray, Sr., MD

Should I Get a Retouch?

+1

The posted photos are under exposed so very hard to see the results! Also did you on,y have liposuction?? Best to seek IN PERSON second opinions . 

Liposuction

+1

It is difficult to see your pictures, they are very dark.  Best to post better pre and post-op photos for comments.

Hello

+1

Its hard to give you advice without seeing your before picture and your pictures are not very clear.You should talk to your PS.  

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS